• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Throttle shaft seal Bobcat 743

Al Miles

Boy, a lot of things going bad in a short time.
I have an oil leak where the throttle shaft comes out of the plate on the Kubota engine. Is there an o-ring under there or is it a special seal? If an O-ring will one out of a standard O-ring kit work or get one from bobcat/Kubota dealer? Also has some side to side play is that normal or is it maybe worn?
Does the whole plate have to be removed to get at the seal or can the lever be removed and the seal accessed from the top?

Thanks,
Al.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I don't recall but its an easy cover removal.. 4 nuts & off..
I'm working with a guy w/ a pump problem that sent me a breakdown of the cover..
IF you PM me your email, I'll forward you the breakdown..

crewchief888

some of the covers had a bushing, ive seen some that dont.
it seals the shaft with an oring

:eek:

Al Miles

Thank you.
Can I take the throttle arm off, lift off the bushing and pick out the o-ring?

Al Miles

Thanks guys, I got the part number of the o-ring and of course the tractor place on Vancouver Island doesn't have one but it's on the way.