• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The "not so heavy equipment" photo thread

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Thanks CM, I would have never taken the time to search that process out on my own. Here's your reward. :)

Took me a few tries to get the hang of it.;)

I've run into that a few times over the years - a bottomless muck hole. Glad you found the 82 year old to pull you out.:eek:

nedly05

I always enjoy your pics JNB, its impressive what you do with your CTL, how is the kubota treating you?

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Thanks Nedly! The 90 has been a great machine. Tallied up 600+ trouble free hours in the last 13 months. I did blow out the door glass cutting under some oak trees, but that was entirely my fault.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
Thanks CM, I would have never taken the time to search that process out on my own. Here's your reward. :)

End of three days of brush clearing and decided to do the new landowner a favor and throw a bit of dirt over the (seemingly) dry creek and fill in some ruts on the other side so he could check out with his ATV.
Filled up the ditch, drove across and dumped a full bucket on the other side...backed up and down she went. And down and down and down.
View attachment 169972

Luckily I had my son working with me. It took him about ten minutes to get the door clear enough so I could get out. The bucket is holding the machine up in this pic.
View attachment 169973
View attachment 169974

View attachment 169975

That was a good stuck machine photo. I stuck my Case 440 last week, a customer asked me to move a 2000 lb slab of concrete, which wanted to tip my 440 it was about 6 long by 5 wide and on the thick side 18"s thick. I used my hydro grapple and went to where she told me to go. I was moving through thick grass about 5' tall and could not see much. Drove right off into a creek 3' down. It was all i could do to get loose of the concrete. My F550 in 4 x 4 and me in the machine would not move it. Took the truck, the machine and the 12k warn winch to pull it out. Luckily there was a tree within a 100' of the front of the truck. She said "Oh sorry, i forgot there was a drainage ditch there". Took me 1 hour to get out. I was doing a quick FREE favor that turned out to not be so quick.

JNB

Occupation
Well, since I can't really do much complaining about Landclearer slackin on updates or CM's drastic lack of 953 pics without updating my thread a bit...here goes. :)

Nothing special to report...we've just been doing like we do. The best part is that my son has been doing a lot more on his own and taking a bit of the load off of the old guy (that's me...:D) Here's a few pics of his very first "on his own (for the most part)" building pad. The owner had been dragging dirt around with his tractor for quite awhile, but just to fill up the slope. This place has sandy loam topsoil with a nice select fill below, so we stockpiled the owner's mini-pad and started over. I helped the boy lay it out, gave him instructions scratched out in the dust on his tailgate and turned him loose. He did pretty good.
Lane Pad01.jpg

Lane Pad02.jpg

Lane Pad03.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Damn fine work on that pad JNB. I've seen pads done by the "established ones" that don't look 1/2 that good.

As far as the (cough,cough) 953 pics - I've been busy. :rolleyes:

:D

Reactions: JNB

Landclearer

Hey JNB. You should be proud, that pad looks great. The Kubota still doing ok?

Yeah I know i've been slackin for sure. So busy here, if I'm not working I sit down and fall asleep 5 minutes later. I guess thats what happens when you get old(haha).

Reactions: JNB

JNB

Occupation
Hey JNB. You should be proud, that pad looks great. The Kubota still doing ok?

Yeah I know i've been slackin for sure. So busy here, if I'm not working I sit down and fall asleep 5 minutes later. I guess thats what happens when you get old(haha).

I hear ya! I just turned 62 last week and need to stretch just to get out of bed. o_O

The 90-2 isn't perfect, but it continues to be a great performer. Still on the original tracks at 1680 hours and zero trips to dealer for warranty work. I did knock out the front glass cutting brush under a live oak, but I replaced it with a double coated lexan which hasn't scratched much at all. Speaking of the door... being able to flip it up and talk to the guy on the ground when we set precast culvert ends is an awesome feature.

JNB

Occupation
We made a few videos with the 90 last winter. Man, has it really been that long? Anyway, I couldn't send you directly to my channel if I had an internet guide dog, so here's a link to a vid. I'm sure you can find the rest from there.
Edit...And there it is right in the post? Wow, technology!

Landclearer

Glad to hear you are happy with the 90. We have about 1200 hours on ours with original tracks as well. The only thing we have done to ours is two bottom rollers and two cutting edges. I agree, the roll up windshield is a great design. It’s a selling point to me.