• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The easy cure for diesel fuel pump on my ct332

bucketboy

I recently had fuel pump probs that were in earlier posts. After getting great advice
and suggestions from some of you guys (I thank you), I thought I would let ya'll
know how it worked out for me. I went ahead and got the carter p4070 and installed it.
So far it has right at 150 hours on it, so I guess that was the right route to take. I even
got some extra gimme's out of this deal, besides not having to pull the engine to replace
mech pump, I'm no longer having the vapor lock problems I had been having. Another
thing was the mounting. I got lucky that the holes in the bracket that came with the pump
fits the two bolt pattern that holds the fuel filter on. Go figure? The last pic‘s I posted
in my previous with the tape holding it on, was just to get the mach out of the woods. Here
are some pic's of the best way I could install it. Notice in one pic my finger pointing to the
wire that I tied in to the fuel shut off solenoid. Wasn't easy, but I put threads on terminals to hold wire. BE CAREFUL OR YOU WILL BREAK THEM. Last thing. Before you fire it up, pull the return
line from the fuel tank, plug it, turn key switch to ON, to pressure up injectors for about 10 sec's.
This should force the air out of the injectors, and let the machine start up quickly. I hope this post
helps someone.
IMG_0080.JPG IMG_0088.JPG IMG_0084.JPG IMG_0075.JPG

PJ The Kid

Occupation
Mechanic
I did this on a ec35 volvo for a guy, local volvo house wanted some insane number for the fuel pump, I threw a buz pump on a few months ago. Been great ever since.