• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

testa video

cat320

Charter Member
you should of saw all the new toys they had when they took down I-93 in Boston they have a repair yard in saugus that has some older massive machines and cranes that sit ideal as back up equipment.

Turbo21835

Being a Gm plant, the property is going to cover anywhere from 60-120 acres on average. The last gm plant i worked on was 70acres, approx 50 of that was building area

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
Hes got something like 25 Cat 345s, he buys 12 at a time. I got a buddy who worked for them. Every 6000 hours on the machines they trade them in so they don't have to deal with break downs.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
trade

Hes got something like 25 Cat 345s, he buys 12 at a time. I got a buddy who worked for them. Every 6000 hours on the machines they trade them in so they don't have to deal with break downs.

Nice work if you can get it :D
I suspect that they have found that 6000hrs ( 3yrs) will give them the best return as still mileage left in undercarriage, hoses not due to become a problem,etc so a good buy for somebody, possibly has tax benefits if anything like UK, but keep them another yr 2000 hrs you will have to start and spend some money on em,even if its only hyd oil change! plus a buyer starts to wonder how quickly HE will have to start and spend money on it.
:IMO

LaLaMan

I guess thats the Linden plant off 1&9?

So sad to see that go.

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Nope, Testa's demoloishing a GM plant somewhere in Massachusetts.

Went on their website and I've seen their equipment in books about the Big Dig...quite impressed with their fleet.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums stretch! :drinkup

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Thanks Countryboy...just another fan of the big iron here...on the search for whatever's out there.

stretch

Occupation
gopher
ooops...my mistake...just got around to watching the video and it is in NJ...sorry but they're also doing a GM plant in Massachusetts.

What I would give to be in that 1250...