• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TC75 Terex Crawler 7.5t

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
A local company has just taken delivery of 10 of these. They go out with and without operators and I am led to believe cost a few thousand pounds less than the competition. This info is not verified by the company ( I didnt ask ).

When it first arrived I asked the company supplied operator what he thought :eek: He obviously had far more experience than me at operating excavators and was not best impressed :beatsme

A week later I asked another op who had been on it and he was quite happy with it :beatsme

Well finally I was in the wrong place at the right time and got to add a couple of hours to the clock that showed 47 when I mounted up :D

Attachments

• 20082008032.jpg
    20082008032.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2,549
  • 20082008033.jpg
    20082008033.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 3,535

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
The machine only had a wide ditching bucket as other buckets seem to run away and get lost by the time the machine is off hired :D
I was placing some fill into a batter to repair a temp camera base that had been excavated so I didnt get to do any serious digging. Then adding a bit of topsoil.

I found the machine more than capable of doing what I asked of it.
I could dig out of the back of the tipper that had the material I needed and so would be more than capable of loading the same truck though loading over the rear would not be the best way to get a full load on it :rolleyes:

Deutz 4 pot engine in the side, exhaust, spool block hyd and diesel tank across the back.

Attachments

• 20082008030.jpg
    20082008030.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2,337
  • 20082008029.jpg
    20082008029.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,372

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Sitting on rubber tracks and being compact with hyd offset boom it is an ideal machine for verge or confined space work.

Machine was also fitted with a hyd Q hitch, breaker and grab circuits. Air conditioning is achieved by a sliding window to your right with a rapid increase in engine noise :Banghead or opening the door and an increase in traffic noise ;)

CD / radio is fitted vertically behind right side of seat and will be great as an ashtray or for catching spilt drinks and general dust :(

There is a stowage box accessed after lifting the right hand arm rest which will easily take a grease gun and couple of spare tubes, I wouldnt like to have to put the drop chain and shakle in there, not the best of places but thats the problem with compact plant.

I had to unwrap the levers as the plastic was rubbing ;) and the levers are ready fitted for auxillary services.

Attachments

• 20082008031.jpg
    20082008031.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2,390
  • 20082008034.jpg
    20082008034.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,448

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I found the machine fast and responsive and only time will tell how it stands up to the abuse of the self drive hire market here in the UK.

I would class the cab as functional and was a bit suprised to find the arm rests and levers fixed and only the seat will slide but thats possibly normal in this size machine.
The arm rests are height adjustable but pivot at thier front end not the rear.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Hey Rob, you might be giving CE Writer a run for his money.:D

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that machine is the same as a Bobcat 442, which Terex builds for Bobcat/Doosan/IR or whoever they are now:rolleyes:. Also was that machine originally a Shaeff, which I believe Terex bought a few years ago?:beatsme

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Hey Rob, you might be giving CE Writer a run for his money.:D

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that machine is the same as a Bobcat 442, which Terex builds for Bobcat/Doosan/IR or whoever they are now:rolleyes:. Also was that machine originally a Shaeff, which I believe Terex bought a few years ago?:beatsme

:D thats shows I read Earthmover mag too much. Trying to be constructive and diplomatic ;)
I cant comment on the others but I do believe you are correct in that the machines were originally Shaeff.
Like since Terex took over Atlas there have been some major and minor changes to designs and components and no doubt to production proccesses also.
I tried to upload the spec sheet but the pdf file was too big heres a link if anybody is intrested in the full spec.

http://www.terex.co.uk/upfiles/specsheet/uk-en/p27_tc75_en_010108.pdf

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
looks like a nice little machine, what size buckets do you guys run on them?

This machine was hired in with only the grading bucket, but would be available with a whole range from 12", 18" 24" 36" even a breaker if needed.
The problem is that when they get hired in without an operator and are constantly moved and operated by different people the buckets get mislaid, lost even stolen and get charged for when the machine goes back. As this was brought in primarily to tidy up around some gantry bases and lift a few shutters it was requested with only one bucket.

ForksNI

Occupation
Telehandler Operator
Hiya,

Yes CM1995 the terex TC75 is built by Terex for Bobcat, & they were origionaly built by Schaeff as the HR32. Had to go find the scale model I have to get the Schaeff number. Like the 'air-con' comment AltasRob.

CRD

Hi all !

My compagny recently purchase an Ingersoll-Rand ZX-75 wich seem to be the exact copy of the Terex, exept our have an air conditioning unit instead of a storage box under the right arm rest.

My problem is that i cannot find how to ajust track tension. Last week, i removed the small acces panel on the side of the track expecting to find a standard grease nipple but there was notting looking like it. Do i need a special tool to ajust the tension of the tracks ?

Thank you !

woodchuck2

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Not a bad looking machine IMO, of course i am running a wore out Turd so most do look better anyway. The engine compartment looks very accessable for servicing.

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
those are the same as a bobcat 442 they buy them from another company but there are 3 or 4 diffrent companies that have the same machine just stickered different i like them granted i haven't got to take one home and put it through its paces yet in time though another 6 months i'm 21 and can drive the company roll back

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
My problem is that i cannot find how to ajust track tension. Last week, i removed the small acces panel on the side of the track expecting to find a standard grease nipple but there was notting looking like it. Do i need a special tool to ajust the tension of the tracks ?

Thank you !

The machine has gone back now so I cant check on it, but I would be very suprised if it were not a grease nipple to adjust the tension.
Are you sure it isn't one of those flat grease nipples rather like a baby mushroom that the gun end is rather like a U and pulls on.