• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

tampo roller

gary808

Occupation
operator,maintanence ,fabricator
hey i have a tampo 10 ton single drum roller from the early 70s ( x military unit )
it had sunstrand pumps on it ,the system is filled with atf and it has no hydraulic power at all ..?? should it run something like 10wt trans fluid ?

our 12 ton bomag calls for 10wt hydraulic trans fluid.

the machine has under 300 hours and has a new viberator pump ,but the whole system is running really slugish .

we have been through the whole system everything is clean and in working order so were thinking maybe the atf is two thin for this machine ? being a older machine im not sure if they designed it to run on a heavyer oil.

and input would be much apperciated .

gary808

Occupation
okay i found the full manual online .
and it calls for atf ....so its a pump problem .

gary808

Occupation
okay ill try and email you the manuel for the roller .

any info on your sitiuation ?

river78

I have a Tampo RS-28 single drum vibratory roller. Someone has stolen the radiator. It's an old unit (1985, ex- military) with a 53 Series Detroit Diesel engine. I have no clue what to look for in a replacement radiator. Does anyone have any info regarding what size, type, etc radiator I should search for?
river78

"acidoil"

I know this is an old post. I picked this up at a near by army post. it's has 350 hours. I had to do some rewiring. it had some shorts form someones below par wiring and had to be jumped at the starter. This is the first Detroit I have been around. It is defiantly hearing protection required. We are in the process of chipping the 5 coats of paint off. I am sure hoping any major component problems that arise can be repaired. They all seem off the self aftermarket.
Are any of you still running yours?
roller1.jpgroller2.jpg