• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL140 Reverse Only on One Side - What am I Missing

Hellbringer

Hi,

I have a Tl140 and the left final drive only goes in reverse. I bought this machine at auction with unknown issues. I have done quite a bit of work and this is the last problem that i need to get sorted out.

First things i found wrong.

- Left Side Final Drive had a bad needle bearing and a broken retaining ring, replaced both
- Left side pump had some parts removed, replaced missing parts, looked like someone tried to repair to fix drive issue when issue was with final drive.
- There where some other missing parts but nothing that would relate to drive issue

* Needle bearing came parts, so i found them in the bottom of the final drive. Found nothing in the pump.

Things i have done
- Fixed the pump
- Replace needle bearing and snap ring
- Check pressure release valve in final drive
- Switched the Pressure release in the pump, still get reverse only
- Tested pressure on the forward vs reverse and i get no pressure on fwd side
- if i crank the engine ALL the way up i will get fwd movement but not as fast as the right
- Tried to adjust for track deviation, no change.
- Check Pilot Control pressure at the pump and it is good fwd vs rev

I dont know what else to check... any suggestions

crewchief888

sice you have pilot pressure at the pump in fwd and reverse... i'm not familiar with your machine, but it sounds like the pump servo control is f'd up. maybe stuck, leaking seal.....

:eek:

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
I have a TL130 and we have a similar issue. When the machine is started, the machines left track will not go in reverse and move with low power. With full power, the machine sometimes can be wiggled back a bit very slowly. What we find is that if the machine is left to warm up quite a bit, a 1/4 power for about 10-15 minutes when the fluid heats up, the machines left track will kind of start slow, then "pop" and goes back fast, and for the rest of operating the machine for the day the machine operates great with no issues. Hence, we have never tried to get it repaired.