• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TAKEUCHI TL12V2 owners ?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I am going to Conexpo this week. I will be talking to Taki I can ask.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Does it lose lift power when your operating an attachment and trying to lift the loader arms at the same time?

rockman

Does it lose lift power when your operating an attachment and trying to lift the loader arms at the same time?
It originally loss flow at the attachment when being used and asking it to either use the crowd / lift function.
Now they have done a fix , it lose's flow to the crowd / lift circuit , making it very slow to operate when using an attachment and it doesn't matter if it's low/ high flow being used.

rockman

sorry , i didnt reliase that you where a dealer of sorts

The previous TL12 model had the same amount of oil and they got that one right ..... just the joys of buying the first .. they got to test and refine it somehow .

Muellermarine

No worries man I'm just a tech I thought you had problems with both the 12 and the v2 my misunderstanding, does the V2 have active power control? That can cause the exact complaints you have, if it does try switching it off and see if you have any improvment

rockman

i have tried turning it on and off , no difference
Tak need to sit down again and have another think about it .
The tl12 was a great machine , this v2 will be a very nice machine once they finish sorting out a few minor issuses.
If you only done bucket / dirt work , you will not notice anything , if you use any attachments and kno what you are doing , you will notice it .
All my work is attachment only , i dont use a bucket at all .
Cheers

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have the answers for you. PM to follow.

rockman

No worries man I'm just a tech I thought you had problems with both the 12 and the v2 my misunderstanding, does the V2 have active power control? That can cause the exact complaints you have, if it does try switching it off and see if you have any improvment

Muellermarine ... by turning the active control on , excatly what does that do ?
I turned the active control on yesterday and it has seemed to solve the oil in the attachment problem , even though i thought the active control has nothing to do with auxuilly and only works on the drive system .

Seems i have another issuse with the machine being that the when i am using a sweeper attachment and using the detent button on the handpiece , sometimes the detent doesn't work , i have now gone to using the slide switch above it until they can sort out what is wrong .... which nobody knows .

Cheers

Trencher97

New owner of a TL12v2, machine moves dirt! Sadly I put a Harley rake on it and I'm having all sorts of problems Hydraulic flow wise when I try moving the arms. having a tough time finding any information as to what the problem is. Anyone from Takeuchi in product support worth talking to? Our Tl140 was my first love, moved up to a TL240,exellent machine as well. Moved up to the TL12v2 and didn't expect any problems what so ever.

rockman

New owner of a TL12v2, machine moves dirt! Sadly I put a Harley rake on it and I'm having all sorts of problems Hydraulic flow wise when I try moving the arms. having a tough time finding any information as to what the problem is. Anyone from Takeuchi in product support worth talking to? Our Tl140 was my first love, moved up to a TL240,exellent machine as well. Moved up to the TL12v2 and didn't expect any problems what so ever.
There is a priorority valve that has to be installed , depends what serial number number your machine is to wether it is a factory install ... also rollers / idler as well

Trencher97

Is that what they installed on your Rockman? I heard about the valve, I just didn't like the thought of purchasing I new machine, and right out of the box it needing extra valving :(. Also do you have any detail on what the new front idler looks like. I did a demo on a Kubota 95 and the one thing I liked about there bottom was that they put the two groove in the front and single in the back. I was hoping Takeuchi's update had something like that. Any help is much appreciated!

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Rockman what are your overall thoughts on the TL12V2?