• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tak TL12r2 vs Kubota svl 95.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
For general use w grapple rake grading etc. Kubota about 11K cheaper. Any issues with either one? How do they compare or not compare. Thinking about snaggin a new one. Both close and service isn't an issue either on. Thanks

CatToy

I demo'ed a 12 last fall and just demo'ed a 95, either CTL will do the work they are made to do, when I replace my T770, it will be with a 95. I would ask for them to bring them out and demo them side by side, I did that last year with a Cat, Bobcat and a Tak12, the Cat and Tak were strong but not much better for the premium price above the Bobcat.

I really liked the 95 overall, enough to bug the CFO to let me pick up a "backup" CTL to take on more work... which of course will be a new SVL95.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I haven't been around a 95, but we've had the SVL90-1 and SVL90-2. The -2 I wasn't happy with the DPF, if an operator didn't work it properly it would go into flip out mode, and it happened quite frequently. Of course we're talking rental people, a person that actually owns one and works it properly might not have such issues. And I'm a fan of Kubota overall, but what I've experienced with their skiddys is they're a bitch to work on, you can't get to hardly anything. On the SVL90, both -1 and -2, you have to slide the radiator out, yeah it's made to do that, just to access the oil and fuel filters. And if you had to replace something like, umm, the starter, you'd have to pull the radiator and oil cooler to get to it. I'm just not a fan of designs that make common maintenance a PITA, that's the one area where Bobcat beats all of them. Can't say about Tak, not a big presence in my area so I don't get to work on them much. But the one thing I can say about the Kubota SVL90 is everyone who has rented them from us say they're a beast when it comes to doing the work, which again is a testament to how good Kubota machines are, it's just in my opinion they suck at cramming all that power into the frame in a mechanic friendly manner.