• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T250 problems

M4tt

Hey Guys and Gals. New to the forum. Been lurking for a while now but decided to toss my hat in the ring for hydraulic issues and see what you guys think.

Just picked up a 2005 T250. Got a deal on it but it will not move under its own power. Lots of things going on here but ill start with a list of whats not working or working correctly.

- First it has a bad left instrument panel. It works for the most part but the display is out thus no Hours and more importantly no codes... I am currently searching for a replacement.

On to the the hydraulic system

- No lift of the boom, very little and very slow tilt of the bucket. Maybe 1-2" of travel but super slow and no strength behind it.

- Right stick when pulled back has force against it. Feels like the hydraulics are fighting it. But if pulled back the machine will move 1/2" - 1" before stalling the motor. Also here a noise that sounds like the brake on that drive is frozen or stuck.

-Left stick has no force and makes no movement but when at full reverse there is a slight change in the engine tone. Same thing with lift and tilt. Slight engine tone change.

If the right stick is pulled back slowly after a few seconds the engine will stop followed by a long beep and Im sure sets codes but cannot currently read.

On to what I have done so far. Took control panel to a friends house and tested on his machine. Confirmed bad

Pulled out charge pressure relief valve and cleaned and inspected. There are some chips on the end of the machined part of the valve. Trying to post pics. Not sure if it's enough to take down the pressure this much.

photos
photos
photos

Will test charge pressure tomorrow when my larger Transducer gets here. And verrify fluid pressure

So here I am. Any ideas from you guys on other things to check, I am all ears

Thanks Guys

crewchief888

Hey Guys and Gals. New to the forum. Been lurking for a while now but decided to toss my hat in the ring for hydraulic issues and see what you guys think.

Just picked up a 2005 T250. Got a deal on it but it will not move under its own power. Lots of things going on here but ill start with a list of whats not working or working correctly.

- First it has a bad left instrument panel. It works for the most part but the display is out thus no Hours and more importantly no codes... I am currently searching for a replacement.

On to the the hydraulic system

- No lift of the boom, very little and very slow tilt of the bucket. Maybe 1-2" of travel but super slow and no strength behind it.

- Right stick when pulled back has force against it. Feels like the hydraulics are fighting it. But if pulled back the machine will move 1/2" - 1" before stalling the motor. Also here a noise that sounds like the brake on that drive is frozen or stuck.

-Left stick has no force and makes no movement but when at full reverse there is a slight change in the engine tone. Same thing with lift and tilt. Slight engine tone change.

If the right stick is pulled back slowly after a few seconds the engine will stop followed by a long beep and Im sure sets codes but cannot currently read.

On to what I have done so far. Took control panel to a friends house and tested on his machine. Confirmed bad

Pulled out charge pressure relief valve and cleaned and inspected. There are some chips on the end of the machined part of the valve. Trying to post pics. Not sure if it's enough to take down the pressure this much.

photos
photos
photos

Will test charge pressure tomorrow when my larger Transducer gets here. And verrify fluid pressure

So here I am. Any ideas from you guys on other things to check, I am all ears

Thanks Guys
i think you are on the right track, check your charge pressure...
i'd be willing to bet the hyd pump/charge pump is bad....
:eek:

M4tt

I own a shop that works on German cars so we have a good place to work on the machine. Was a major pain to get it inside the shop and into one of the bays. But I downloaded the shop manuals and we pulled the motor yesterday. After replacing the left control panel we were getting 05-14.

Precharge pressure was 11psi. Nothing really there to speak of. Pulling the precharge pump on monday to dissemble and inspect for damage. Will report back findings then.

M4tt

So a few updates on the T250. First the gear pump is toast. Housing walls heavily scored, and the bottom of the fluid res looks like a sluice box feom Gold Rush. Trying to get the tank out to clean it.

The case drain is very clean, 3 small pecied of what looks like flat steel meterial. And the fluid is super clean. Guessing someone trued to cover up the damage when they sold the machine. Currently looking for a pump #6686887

Since the whole machine is apart at this point, I see no reason to stop there so we will pull the drive motors tomorrow and check put the inside of them as well.

Hope to find a good used pump and re seal it. Rebuilding the tandem drive tommorrow, hope they are not completely shot.

M4tt

So finally pulled apart the tandom drive and both drive motors. Looks like the left drive motor suffered a major internal explosion as the rotating assembly came apart and sent large chunks of metal through the tandom drive and the gear pump virtually destroying all of the hydraulic systems. So looking for parts now to repair the machine.

M4tt

Been a while but heres the update. Purchased a burnt t300. Pulled the drive motors. Going to reseal them and install them next week. Sent the tandom pump out for repair and ordered a new gear pump. So hope to have the machine back on the ground by the end of the month.