• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Suggest some safety measures

Johncrane

Occupation
Construction worker
Hi all,

I’m working in the construction field for last few months. I’m here to get some advice related to my work. Recently there was an accident and my colleague got a severe injury on his feet. It happened due to his carelessness of carrying heavy weight without any safety measures. I need some help to find good safety shoe and safety gears for the construction field. The safety shoe I’m using is too old and it may be worn out. I found a blog explains about right safety shoe for different industries and works. I’m looking for some expert advice to find the best measures that can be used for workplace safety. Waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I cant help in the construction arena but I know ALOT of people in that industry.. Weight seems to be an issue w/ them..
When they find a boot, ankle hi w/ steel toes & puncture proof sole, it weighs a ton..
Same in my world, mechanics.. I need steel toes w/ non skid, slip resistance.. I work w/ grease & oil on the floor ALL DAY and slip/falls are common.. & weight is a huge factor..
I found an inexpensive pair believe it or not at walmart.. I don't need boots so I opted for the "shoe".. Its made by Brama & the style is the "cruzer" The weight is NILL and is so inexpensive, less than 50.00, I can replace them every 6 months if needed.. with a good odoreater and a gell pad, I can wear them for a 12 hr shift IN THE FIELD, no problem..

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
This story sounds fishy. Sounds like English as a second language and not a French speaker either. I would be interested to see if this IP address is really in Canada or somewhere longitude roughly +100°.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
This story sounds fishy. Sounds like English as a second language and not a French speaker either. I would be interested to see if this IP address is really in Canada or somewhere longitude roughly +100°.

I share your suspicions. The approach seemed vaguely familiar, so I went looking and found a similar post that we'd removed back in 2013. The difference is that that poster also posted a link to some other unrelated subject, and had an IP from India. This IP appears to be of Canadian origin, although those can be spoofed too. Really, anybody whose first or second post contains the words "I found..." followed by a link to something is probably a spammer, or at least working at "Search Engine Optimization", and isn't really what they represent themselves to be.

I removed the link. If the OP is genuine, they're welcome to come back and explain what was important about it.