• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

"Stuck" Tigercat 822

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Knowing the size of those machines,did you take thier word as gospel, or in you heart did you allow for a certain amount of poetic licence. ( old timers tellin the young pup a story ) No insult intended in any way, I have always found it unbelievable that machines of that size have been left/lost. Then I see pics as posted here and wooooooo
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy. As stated I have never encountered ground anything like that, or remotely near it.

I have no reason to doubt the old man he wasn't the BSing type. Knowing who he was working for and the project it was on, also the down time and what it would of taken to unstick those pieces of Iron in a river. I have little doubts, but never the less its a good story.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Aint got nothing on those Dubai engineers. This must have been one helluva paycheck deduction.

Attachments

• Swamped1.jpg
    Swamped1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 2,197
  • swamped2.jpg
    swamped2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 2,126
  • swamped3.jpg
    swamped3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,950
  • swamped4.jpg
    swamped4.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 2,135
  • swamped5.jpg
    swamped5.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 2,170

Tri-Star

Bellboy,
Do you know if they were working when that happened? Was anyone hurt?

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
I'm not sure, but it looks like no one was in the excavations when it happened. The pumps are the only thing that I think got drowned out:drinkup:drinkup

334 lawn co

Occupation
surplusonthe.net equipment auctions
oh-i hate to see that. a friend of mine is a sales rep for tigercat in pratville alabama at g&s equipment.