• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Story of my business, starting from the trunk of my car

skyking1

We had a 60 series Komatsu, I don't remember which on the sail park job In Ruston. It was a wide track and the operator was cutting 2:1 slopes with it. One area was so scary slick they yo-yoed him with the 490 JD and a big choker.
It might have been this one.
_DSC6925.jpg

It was sketchy as you can imagine. The toe was a little 12' road and then the marina. Splash!
The operator was experienced with it and thought it was a great tool.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
We pushed out a few thousand yards of dirt in a day with those two machines. Two D3s couldn’t even keep up with the 71. I have a D3 also, it’s a great machine. Around here though you can’t always take an extra few days to get the dirt moved, you gotta beat the rain. An operator also costs about $95/hr.

Just messing with ya. We don't do enough large dirt jobs to justify the cost.

A D4 may be our next dozer. Just a little HP and weight for not much more money. Probably swap over the GPS equipment from our D3 and sell it for more than we paid for it.

I do enjoy a mass ex job where you can move a couple thousand yards a day. Something about getting the rhythm of the hoe loading, the trucks making the rounds, dozer hitting the loads and achieving compaction tests all in orchestra.