• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Steelwrist Tilt Rotator

Bodger

Good day, Im looking at installing a new X18 Steelwrist to my 2001 Cat 315CL prefix CFT.
I have a priority flow set up on there now for a mulcher but have no aux (thumb) service.
I do have a spare service on the main valve (picture included) which i could run to a 3 valve and use the same steel lines,
the problem im having is the pilot come control lines to activate it. I have know clue how to hook them up. The company who wants to install the rotator says they have an electric over hydraulic proportional valve to install instead of a pedal.
Any help much appreciated.image0.jpegimage2.jpeg

hankthedigger

On my machine with a SVAB control system I have an electric actuated prop.valve that take filtered servo oil and actuates the aux valve on my valve block. I took the servo oil directly by a t:ing off on the outgoing pressure line from the servo pump. This is run thru a fine filter and then to the proportional valve that is controlled by the svab box. Then the pressure controlled servo oil actuates the aux valve in the valve block(only one direction).
When I tilt for example then depending on how much tilt action i give out the prop valve is open more/less for the above mentioned feed circuit and the prop valve on the rotortilt is also actuated. When operation several functions at the same time the "demand" is added to the above mentioned actuator.
There should be some manual of the control system which can give you detailed information. Atleast SVAB has it on their products.

Best Regards
Mathias