• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Starting problems - Cold or Air in lines?

hookedondiesel

Ya, I know Reise is the new depot for JCB, went to wajax about a month ago for trans fluid and they were no longer, was directed to Reise just passed St Isodore.
Just thought you had another option available. It's been dam cold around here lately, and could also be part of the problems you've/ I have been having. Good luck.;)

greg9504

Well it stalled out on me and then would not start again. So I ended up replacing the lift pump with the one I ordered. Here's a video that covers that and some other problems I found with the cold start advance system on the Bosch injection pump.

It started right up first try with the new pump.

For search: Engine is Perkins 1104C-44 RE with Bosch EVPE injection pump. JCB 212s, JCB 2cx Perkins diesel.

Delmer

So how did the old pump let the air into the sediment bowl? Any cracks on it? maybe the injection pump was sucking the air because the lift pump wasn't keeping up?

greg9504

thepumpguysc, 140 l/hr is a volume so it wont translate to a psi. All I can tell you is that for the part number listed in the ebay ad I was able to find a cross to it for my pump. The JCB parts system lists 152 applications for the pump, so I took a gamble that this one would work. The system requires 4.49 psi. I didn't test it, just wanted it to run. Maybe now I'll go back and play with it and rig up a test. I still have the old pump I can see what it can put out. This is what the Perkins manual lists for pressure testing:

upload_2018-3-26_15-0-59.png

Delmer, I'm not sure why the level on the sediment bowl wouldn't stay full. After I fitted the new lift pump, I turned the key on to prime the system, walked around to the side with the sediment bowl and watched it fill up (it was down about an 1" from the top). The old pump with the key on engine off, the level just stayed 1" below and I didn't see any any movement.

Clutch

Occupation
QC Manager @ CNC Machine Shop
Glad to see you got it running, working on things in the cold never a good time. It is great to see how helpful people are on this site and all information they are willing to share to help. I spend a lot of time on the track loader forum following along and learning, planning to own one someday. Currently I own a 2003 JCB model 212 was great to follow along having a similar unit.

Clutch

Occupation
QC Manager @ CNC Machine Shop
greg9504, I bought a shop manual off of EBay, have not been able to locate an operators manual. If you could send me a PDF of that would be great and very much appreciated. Watched your video on adding a thumb nicely done. Have a question have you seen or heard of anyone putting a grapple on the loader using the quick disconnect system and auxiliary hydraulics?