• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Standard flow mulcher

Daolivarez

Hi, I was trying to find a mulcher for a standard flow skid steer and the only one I could find is the SS Miny Might. I couldn't find any reviews on them. Does anyone have one, or know someone that does? And if so what do you think about them? Also is there any other mulchers that will work for a standard flow skid steer?

catman13

Occupation
refrigeration engineer/excavation contractor
what are you trying to cut ?
i have a Skid Steer Rotary Brush Cutter ( brush master ) in think that is the name that takes standard flow and it works great on grass and blackberry's and i have chopped up to 4 inch trees

Daolivarez

what are you trying to cut ?
i have a Skid Steer Rotary Brush Cutter ( brush master ) in think that is the name that takes standard flow and it works great on grass and blackberry's and i have chopped up to 4 inch trees
I have a bunch of thick blackberry vine and some small trees (2"-4") I don't think I will really need to cut anything bigger than that. Does it mulch the trees up pretty well?

catman13

Occupation
how small do you want the brush? black berry's not much left , trees if you go slow big chips left,
i paid 2000.00 $ . i want to get 1 of the disk shredders but they run about 20,000.00 grand + , a little out of my price range right now

Daolivarez

I just want them small enough to be able to mow when they grass starts growing back, even if I have to run over them a few times with the brush master first. After watching some videos of those brush masters 2000 is well worth it. I found some for around 5500 new, still beats 20k for a disk mulcher. I'm wanting to hopefully start making some money with it after I'm done with my place.

catman13

Occupation
this will do a better job than the disk mower for you.
look at Bar none auctions, that is where i got mine and it was brand new

catman13

Occupation
try this company (( Quick Attach Attachments llc

mx727

Not sure where in Texas you are, but you should be able to find plenty of used brush cutters that would work.

Look for ones along the lines of what has been mentioned or these:

http://www.bushmasterequipment.com/products/rotary-cutters/6-rotary-cutters/sl-601 (Paid $5500 new)

http://www.brushmonster.com/skid-steer-rotary-cutters ($2000 used from dealer)

I've use both and they are great cutters. The important thing for cutting your trees is the open front. I like the push bar on the BrushMonster, but the nice thing about the Bush Master is that it will go vertical. The SS Mini Might will do what you want. It will do a great job, but so will the choppers catman13 and I have mentioned. It will be much more expensive than the other options.

You technique will have a lot to do with how small the chips are. If you reach up and cut the top out and then cut down on the tree, you end up with fewer long poles that can take a while to chop up.

I've used the high flow mulchers and I really doubt the efficacy of a low flow drum mulcher and it's going to be expensive. I think you'll find that you stall the rotor quite often.

Todd v.

You've probably already made a purchase but A disk mulcher is going to leave you with pretty much the same finish product as a decent mower will. You can always rent a mower for a day and see if it does what you want. Most rental yards or equipment dealers have one or two in their rental fleet.

Todd v.

Dennis Cimaf is now making a low flo mulcher, the 150D I think. It's rated to work down to 20GPM I'm pretty sure.

mx727

There are two different specs sheets on the 150D. One says 20 and another says 25 gpm. It's still a HF unit, but I guess someone could put LF ends on it.

catman13

Occupation
is it a dual flow machine or just a high flow machine ?
if it is just a high flow machine trying to push the extra oil it may over heat the oil and cause other problems .

Todd v.

There's nothing magical about a machine with a sticker that says high flo other than having a bigger cooler and an extra pump that can be turned on or off 20 GPM is 20 GPM, 30 GPM is 30 GPM etc., the attachment knows no difference and any high flo machine should be designed around whichever hydraulic system it was built with.