• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

SR-70 Front left hub/wheel assembly falling off

grallaus

I am an idiot so please bear with me and help if you have any knowledge with my problem. Our Mechanic left a couple weeks ago. I am a handyman but no mechanic, but for the time being, I'm getting through. I'm dealing with an ASV skid steer SR-70 and twice this summer and now today the front left assembly hub has fallen out of the tracks and I'm not sure what the mechanic have done or isn't doing that could be causing this to be happening. Any thoughts? thank you

grallaus

I want to add the outside set of wheels on the left side are worn on the inside of the track. Could the track be too loose or tight or off center?

JustForFun

When you say the hub is falling off, do you mean the entire hub, bearing and all?
If so, you need to look at the bearings, lock nut and the washer.
Something is causing the nut to un-screw. The left side is probably more prevalent because it un-screws the nut while driving forward.
So, if the washer is too large, it may be contacting the outer bearing race which is rotating.
Or, the lock nut may be a standard nut and simply coming loose.
On my 247b, when a bearing fails, it usually grabs ahold of the nut and un-screws it.
http://trackloaderparts.net/ has a parts breakdown for your machine online.
That is where I get my rollers from when they fall off.

grallaus

Yes, the entire hub is falling off with the bearing and nut. I was just surprised that it came off so soon, it was put back on with new bearings in september and hasn't had much use. thank you

JustForFun

Make certain you have the right washer and use a new lock nut.
Also, be careful re-installing the track, it is very easy to damage the inner seal.
Once the seal is damaged, the bearing will seize and there's nothing that will prevent it from un-screwing the nut or just simply tearing it off.