• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Spectra UL633 Universal Laser

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Does anyone have an experience with the Spectra UL633? I was researching pipe lasers and came across this one. It's an interesting combination of pipe laser, slope laser and standard leveling laser.

http://www.spectralasers.com/products/universal-lasers/ul633-universal-laser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IteDJ7YfNVI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gc_olNmtwM

The price is not too bad considering the versatility at around $3K with the pipe receiver. This laser is also a slope laser which I have been interesting in buying for a while. My truck is already crammed and having one less plastic box taking up space in the back seat is a nice caveat.:D

AT&SW

Occupation
equipment owner/operator
We looked into this laser last year and was very impressed with it for the price. Talked to two people that owned them they had noting bad to say.

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
I think I will buy one, the price is reasonable and it will do most anything. It is about time that they made one for most all applications.

lumberjack

It's my first laser, about 6 months ago, and that's why I bought it... so I wouldn't wish I had this or that function. I thought about buying a single slope, but the dual slope feature has already came in handy on a small parking lot with a cross slope. The remote control is occasionally saves a lot of walking. I haven't used the spot or plane lock functions yet. I most commonly use the z axis/laser on its side for doing layout out work. The large slope capability lets me set the laser up on a wide range of improv surfaces.

My only complaint thus far is a battery complaint. The rechargeable battery died and I've been running alkalines which have a short run time in the low temperatures. Nothing says fun like leaving a job to run to Walmart. I need to see if the rechargeable battery is under warranty and replace it. Run time on it (back in the summer) was great, probably charged it twice a week at its peak use.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Thanks for the replies. I am going to look into it a little more. If anyone else has used this laser, please chime in.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
CM, The UL633 is on sale at a company here in Toronto for about $2600 cdn. You should give them a call, the sale price isn't on the interweb. 416-249-9595

I just bought the GL612 yesterday, also on sale.

Here in Ontario, there are only a few large companies in the survey instrument market. Cansel is one of them.

Not sure if the warranty would work where you are, but it has a 5 year coverage for normal problems, plus a 1 time drop warranty. The tripod can fall over 1 time and they fix it for free.

Good luck.

Ken
https://www.cansel.ca/en/products/construction/slope-lasers/spectra-precision-ul633-universal-laser

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Thanks watglen. I found a kit on Ebay for $2800 that includes the laser finder/pipe target, that's the best I have found looking so far.

Chad@SitechTR

It's my first laser, about 6 months ago, and that's why I bought it... so I wouldn't wish I had this or that function. I thought about buying a single slope, but the dual slope feature has already came in handy on a small parking lot with a cross slope. The remote control is occasionally saves a lot of walking. I haven't used the spot or plane lock functions yet. I most commonly use the z axis/laser on its side for doing layout out work. The large slope capability lets me set the laser up on a wide range of improv surfaces.

My only complaint thus far is a battery complaint. The rechargeable battery died and I've been running alkalines which have a short run time in the low temperatures. Nothing says fun like leaving a job to run to Walmart. I need to see if the rechargeable battery is under warranty and replace it. Run time on it (back in the summer) was great, probably charged it twice a week at its peak use.

Your laser should still be under warranty if it's less than a year old. You should be able to get the rechargeable battery pack replaced. Where did you purchase it?

Chad@SitechTR

Thanks watglen. I found a kit on Ebay for $2800 that includes the laser finder/pipe target, that's the best I have found looking so far.

The only thing about purchasing off of E-bay is lack of service/support. I work for Sitech Tri-Rivers, we are a Trimble/Spectra Precision dealer. We sell the UL633 for around $3,000 and we stand behind the product

Last edited:

lumberjack

Your laser should still be under warranty if it's less than a year old. You should be able to get the rechargeable battery pack replaced. Where did you purchase it?

MidTech. You joined the site after I bought, we had a conversation on my laser thread.

I try to support forum members, I had forgotten about you.

I spent ~$4300 on a large and short tripods, couple grade rods, the full UL633 package, and a CR600.

TJ1979

I would have to agree with Chad, I purchased a Spectra laser from eBay and had a number of problems with it and ended up spending more money because I didn't have any support etc. For a couple hundred $s I'd suggest gonig through a dealer. I've never used a Spectra UL633 Universal Laser but wouldn't want you to have the same problems I had.

Illmill

I Have one for sale

1000 obo it is used but in great working order if interested contact me thru text or phone 704-968-2369.