• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Spectra GL712 issues

panos2171

Hi, i have a GL712 transmiter that i cannot work with a windy weather. Is there any option to change its sensitivity or something like this?

Shimmy1

Keeping the tripod as low as you can helps, but other than that, wind is the enemy. One of the reasons I switched to GPS on my scraper.

panos2171

Thanks for the reply. So there isnt any setting in the menu for this? I think the 600 series has it, the 700 not? :Banghead

aog_allen

Occupation
farmer/earthmover
Wind is the enemy, you can build a trailer that has a larger footprint to help offset the rocking the wind causes, my dad did that. You can increase the deadband on your receiver, or go GPS.

Twisted

It's always windy up here so one trick I use it to fill a 5 gallon pail with dirt or rocks and place it directly below the tripod. Attach a tarp strap from the pail to the tripod to keep down pressure on it. Stomp the feet in good and this trick works for all but the worst days.