1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Spammer Alert

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shimmy1, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Shimmy1

Shimmy1 Senior Member

My name is Brian, and I'm a workaholic.
    Looks like they've found the forum.... Screenshot_2017-07-28-18-26-23.png

2. 92U 3406

92U 3406 Senior Member

Field Service Tech
    I reported 1 of those posts to the mods earlier this week.

3. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 Senior Member

Operator/Mechanic/Truck driver
    thats the best you can do is report them so they find them quicker.

4. digger242j

digger242j Administrator

Self employed excavator
    Last year during the Great Live Streaming Spammer Attack of 2016 we were getting a dozen or more a day. One weekend I think I deleted 60 spam threads like that one. Back then, the first thing any of us did was to check for new spam threads. If every spam thread had been reported, our inboxes would be overflowing. Nowadays, we can be a little more relaxed, so it is helpful to get those reports.

Say what you will about the new software, one good thing about it is that it checks new registrations against a database and if the IP, username, or email matches a known spammer, it needs to be manually approved. That's been a big help.