• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

Williams Marine

Occupation
N/A
TomV,
You may have already mentioned it it this thread and I missed it reading through it.
What type and size wire do you run for your bore welding?
Also I been running the Ultra Core, great wire, was wondering which one you ran for your general fabrication work.

Great work as others have pointed out very inspirational. I find myself at times saying "how would Tom handle this."
Look forward to seeing more of your work posted in the near future.
Oh and great truck, have shown pictures of it to a others always the same positive reaction.

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
WM, I use ER70S-6 .035 in the bore welder and the ultracore I use is 71A85 in .045 and 1/16" diameters,thanks and regards,TOM V

pittedmess

Occupation
mechanical engineer
Tom
I marvel at the quality of your work and the ability to see down the road and improve the product.
We were looking thru the thread today and marveled at your truck.
Asked my buddy what you think he paid for it. He said " A man with talent like that built it himself"
One question. CO2 shield gas. I have been using it for years and it really does a good job for me.
Supply house says it's guys like me that are a pain in the ass. They don't make any money off it like the tri mix and others
Since it's a liquid state in tank it lasts forever. Some of the tanks are syphon, so they can be used for quick cooling.
I think it gives better penetration. Your thoughts

Williams Marine

Occupation
N/A
Tom,
Do you still use the Bore Systems welder? Just was curious as to why you did not go with the York Smart Welder as you use a York boring setup. Thanks

StanRUS

WB, when he purchased the BRS borewelder York didn't have their own to sell, they were peddling BRS.

Williams Marine

Occupation
N/A
Tom,
If you had had a choice would you have gone with the Bore welder that York offers now or would have stayed with BRS welder that you use.
Thanks, respect your work and opinions.

BlazinSS934

19c7b892df8099dba20ad20add056ea9.jpg

Tom

This is on a cat 4-1 bucket on a 416it. Takes grease no problem and didn't make noise. Should I fix it ? Looks like the weld surrounding the bushing is cracking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETER

Looks like that hook bracket will spread the tension out across the bucket hood nicely Tom. Don't see any leaves on the trees behind the Kobelco? Looks like you've been holding out on us!:drinkup
Regards, Bob