• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Snow Gate Mods

Blue-Fox

Occupation
Oilfield Owner/Operator
Who can tell me what this extended case is for on these valve banks? The first aux valve is normal then the second and 3rd have twice as long of a housing. I looked in the TM and all it says is “extended housing” ?? What does it do??

Attachments

• 5FC70E62-A6FF-4517-891C-3DDB2EE3DEAB.jpeg
    5FC70E62-A6FF-4517-891C-3DDB2EE3DEAB.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 18

Welder Dave

I notice the lift valves on my old 730A have a longer cap on the valves. I thought maybe for float position but it doesn't have float. Maybe there's a detent position on the valve or an option like that that requires the longer housing.

Blue-Fox

Occupation
Oilfield Owner/Operator
I notice the lift valves on my old 730A have a longer cap on the valves. I thought maybe for float position but it doesn't have float. Maybe there's a detent position on the valve or an option like that that requires the longer housing.
Yeah looking at all the diagrams that would be a good guess, but these AUX valves don't have a float detent position either. The valve right inboard of it is blade lift and it does.

Welder Dave

Wonder if the valves have an option to lock on for continuous flow like a skid steer aux. valve? I think that requires a longer cap too.

Blue-Fox

Occupation
Oilfield Owner/Operator
Wonder if the valves have an option to lock on for continuous flow like a skid steer aux. valve? I think that requires a longer cap too.
The longer cap valves on this lever have float lock built in, so that was it.

Blue-Fox

Occupation
Oilfield Owner/Operator
well we got about 10 hours of work out of it before we had a hose failure. I had a little fear this could happen but also thought it was just another “possible” scenario but unlikely - snow and ice build up inside the boxed mount put hoses in a bind at full lift and kinked the lower, causing it to fail. So we’re on the outside now. Test session #2 at 4am….

Attachments

• 93F8086C-03A6-4BFB-98C2-7568EB7B6D4D.jpeg
    93F8086C-03A6-4BFB-98C2-7568EB7B6D4D.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 14