• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Snorkel 4084 stalling

roguewarrior

I have a snorkel 4084 that I purchased recently and it starts fine when choked but as soon as the choke is removed it stalls. It has a new fuel pump and it seems to have a newer carb. I have checked spark plugs, air filter, put new fuel in, adjusted the carb. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks for your help.

roguewarrior

I will definitely look at that next. I just found that on a YouTube video late last night. Crossing my fingers. I am at my wits end. Thank you for the advice.

roguewarrior

If it runs with the choke on but shuts off when the choke is removed, u have a blocked main jet..
A mechanic friend of mine and I looked at it yesterday and ran a bottle of mechanic in a bottle through it for about 5 minutes. I am going to pull the jet and look at it. My buddy seemed to think it was electrical because it seemed I was losing power when the choke was removed. Anything else I might look at on the electrical side?

roguewarrior

Figured this one out. Not what I thought it would be at all so I wasn't even looking there but it ended up being the linkage for the carb throttle assembly. Runs well now.