• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Smokey in seattle today

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
If the forestry departments were allowed to do there job and keep the politics out of it there would have been controlled burns all along. Almost makes you think that mother nature knew what she was doing before man decided they can save everything. Nationwide they closed many roads and trails because the greenies did not want them.

I think we give ourselves too much credit for the impact we have on the planet. This planet was around for billions of years before us and it will be around long after us (unless we crash into the sun or something). The planet is more than capable of looking after itself. Its probably getting tired of all these stupid people breeding and is trying to thin us out a bit lol.

GregsHD

Occupation
Self Employed HD Mechanic
Just a shame that concrete jungles aren't as flammable as our forests..

I'm hoping all this fire activity will slow down the spread of cancer like population making its way up here from the Vancouver area...

As a side note, If they would remove all the safety labels, gaurds and signs to protect the stupid, our over population problem would solve itself!

Just my redneck 2cents! Hah!

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
How true we have the same problem here just a few hrs. south of you all the weekend warriors come to party it up..................

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
And its no better up in Fort Mac. You'd think some of these idiots would learn but they don't. Heard on the radio recently about some moron who was out shooting explosive targets just south of town. I can't wrap my head around that level of stupid.

GregsHD

Occupation
Yep, a special kind of stupid for sure! A few days ago they arrested a man in Williams Lake, he was setting off fireworks celebrating the removal of the evacuation order, WTF!!

I've got a government owned sand pit at one end of my property, took two Pu loads of old microwaves, targets and other garbage out of there when we first bought the place, I've given an ear full to three separate parties in that pit so far this summer, last one was only a week ago...

Trying to get permission to blockade the pit road with boulders, the sand isn't used anymore, got into too much silt. If I just go ahead and block it I'll get a big fine.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Trying to get permission to blockade the pit road with boulders, the sand isn't used anymore, got into too much silt. If I just go ahead and block it I'll get a big fine.

So... if it happens to get blocked who going to say you did it? ;)

GregsHD

Occupation
So... if it happens to get blocked who going to say you did it? ;)

If they followed the tracks I could just say the ol' 790 is possessed, keeps moving boulders in the night, planning an exorcism!

I'm just inquiring without saying any names nor location, if it turns into a gong show I'll just do it anyway!

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Start complaining and "encourage" the government party responsible for it to clean up the mess promptly every time it happens. It probably won't take long to close it.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
If they followed the tracks I could just say the ol' 790 is possessed, keeps moving boulders in the night, planning an exorcism!

I'm just inquiring without saying any names nor location, if it turns into a gong show I'll just do it anyway!

How far does it throw them. I seem to be getting more in my field all the time. ;););)

GregsHD

Occupation
Just so happens a natural resource officer pulled in the yard to talk about my slash piles... He's going to see what he can do about it.

790 throws rocks good, haven't tried with the boulders I was thinking of, be a ride for sure, they gotta weigh 2 ton +:D