• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Setting Throttle Linkage on Bosch VE Pump

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
IMG_0137.JPG I posted earlier about the throttle shaft leaking on a Bosch VE pump and pumpguysc was very helpful, now that it's done I have another question. The throttle linkage is connected to the pump with a clevis and pin, after time the pump throttle lever hole has gotten wore to about 1.5 times the original size. Now it looks to me like the dozer isn't opening the throttle completely but I'd like to be sure before adjusting it. The throttle does hit the full open stop but the throttle linkage on the pump has a spring on it and can be moved maybe a 1/4" after it has hit the full open stop. My question is should I adjust the throttle to get this extra 1/4"? I figure it hasn't been adjusted like this in awhile because this part of the throttle was froze up when I took it off. I know it's not a good explanation but any help would be great. My service manual doesn't have anything on setting throttle linkage.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
After looking at that pic I realized once the throttle lever hit the stop the portion that moves with the spring action shouldn't give anyore throttle. Still wondering if I should set linkage so it pulls against the spring though.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Yes it should JUST break the spring but not bottom out in the slot.. bottoming out in the slot is what wears the bushing out prematurely, and not breaking over the spring leads to low power, as in, not getting full travel..

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
That throttle piece is replaceable if you want/need to.. cheap.. need the pump #'s for proper P#..
OR just add a washer or 2 to the ball stud to keep it centered.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
Thanks for the quick reply. I would really like to get the new part but haven't had any luck finding one. Do you need the # that's on the side of the pump? If so I can post a pic of it.
It doesn't have a ball stud, has a clevis with a pin, not very good design.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
IMG_0144.JPGOops double posted same pic on first post. Maybe the will help pumpguy

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
Thanks I'm gonna call around Monday. Imagine once I get the new lever installed the throttle will be set correctly again.
I did have some trouble getting the throttle shaft indexed correctly, sure didn't think one notch could make such a difference. All is good now.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
Well found a new/used lever at a fuel shop that was fairly close and got it installed this week. I have only ran the dozer about 2 hrs but so for no more fuel, hyd, or oil leaks. Machine actually seems to have a little more power and seems to push smoother at full throttle.
Ended up replacing the bushing and oring on the injection pump throttle shaft and the sealing rings on fuel return line and both banjo bolts at filters to fix fuel leaks. Had a leaky oring at hyd pump output line and bad gasket on fuel pump. Also checked tappet clearances. Hopefully this will fix the leaks for awhile. Thanks for the help.