• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Self Loading Logging Truck Photos

Ryan Rønning

Occupation
Army Diesel Tech and field maintenace teck
I found this pic in my stash.

Logging293.jpg

Jdigger4130

WOW!!! V8 Hays VERY COOL. So what do you guys think the reason this guy specced the twinsteer was??? Is it easier on the frame w the self loader to have an axle there? It sure looks cool at any rate! I am so glad there were guys that mixed it up in regards to the tools they used, really unique truck AND it has some shine.. V8 mack sound and impressive presence. Best of both worlds!!!

hoglogg

1981 pacific tridrive selfloader without trailer .

Attachments

• SDC10059.JPG
    SDC10059.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 4,048

Ryan Rønning

Occupation
That is a cool old Pacific.I do not think that I have seem a try drive before.

hoglogg

its 46 rockwell triple lock air liner in the rears and the front is spring with air bags, it rides really nice. the tridrive holds the load and the big frt axle takes the rest we have a 3 axle wagon to pull also

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
To Ryan Ronning-
Pic 3 in post 31. I'm pretty sure I know that guy. Looks an awfull lot like Larry Davis from Sagle, Idaho. Cool.

Ryan Rønning

Occupation
To Ryan Ronning-
Pic 3 in post 31. I'm pretty sure I know that guy. Looks an awfull lot like Larry Davis from Sagle, Idaho. Cool.

Very well could be. I am not sure who it is, I do not know him. I have tens of thousands of logging pics with no real memory of where most of them came from. I am a collector so often friends will donate pictures to me. I am sure that this is probably how I came to have that picture.

Born2clearcut

A older K W self loader its even got some chrome on the rad . Cable and tongs to load the logs may be hard to see in this small picture but thier is a guy standing at the back of the load to remove the tongs. you can see his hard hat sticking up over the end of the log he is loading

Attachments

• K W self loader sm.jpg
    K W self loader sm.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 4,314

trakloader

A older K W self loader its even got some chrome on the rad . Cable and tongs to load the logs may be hard to see in this small picture but thier is a guy standing at the back of the load to remove the tongs. you can see his hard hat sticking up over the end of the log he is loading

There used to be quite a few of those around, they were actually a pretty good unit. The tong man would pack the tongs way out, and they'd drag the logs in to the truck. There was still one like that up here, right into the 90's. It my be still around, but I don't think it works anymore.

lg junior

Sometime back in the late 70's I finished up a job for Weyco south of Cottage Grove these photos were taken nearby. I never did hear who owned this selfloader but he sure had a wild ride. A long ways up the hill out of sight sits his load still on the trailer truck bunk and rearends with everything forward gone.

CrashedSelfLoader2.jpg

CrashedSelfLoader3.jpg

CrashedSelfLoader.jpg

lg junior

Here is I think a 1969 KW, when I first saw it it was a long logger and not very old she came from the factory with a 12v71. Instead of extending the hood back then KW extended the cowl. When this picture was taken she had an 8v92 kinda looked out of place where the 12 had been.

SelfLoader4.jpg

Born2clearcut

There used to be quite a few of those around, they were actually a pretty good unit. The tong man would pack the tongs way out, and they'd drag the logs in to the truck. There was still one like that up here, right into the 90's. It my be still around, but I don't think it works anymore.

I took theses pictures thinking it my have been the same truck . These were taken at W D Moore in Winter Harbour in the early 90's looks like it been awhile since it turned a wheel

Attachments

• W D Moore self loader2sm.jpg
    W D Moore self loader2sm.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 4,057
  • W D Moore self loader1sm.jpg
    W D Moore self loader1sm.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 4,027