• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Self loader work

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
What part of the state?
I would contact all the local log yards, log buyers & gyppo loggers with your contact info.

Wytruckwrench

Hit every logger and mill with your info. What Haulback said. Be careful, once you unload, it can be hard to get paid. Be hard nosed how and when you get paid. A self loader costs more to run than a long logger, it has to pay at least half again more than a long truck.
What kind of a set up do you have? Power poles are an option too.

Tmp1985

Occupation
Driver
Thanks for advice I haven’t made purchase yet still looking. Hope to have truck going by spring. I’m in western Washington.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
I see plenty of self-loaders running around between thurston and snohomish... hard to say if they're self-loading all the time or just filling in.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I know that a guy can keep one busy for sure. Don' be afraid to yank the loader I. Winter and haul straight logs either.

Tmp1985

Occupation
Driver
I made purchase should be on the road by 15th of this month. Nothing fancy but easy to work on. I appreciate the advice and any other help you can offer.