1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Seized pup/pony motor

Discussion in 'Track Loaders' started by Brent Irwin, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Brent Irwin

Brent Irwin Member

As I posted in my original thread, my pony motor has seized. Just wondering if anyone has any tricks to help unseize the motor without taking the whole thing out? An old mechanic told me to put Coca Cola in it and leave it for a week. That seems like and absolute last resort. If anyone has any tricks im all ears.
    Thanks for reading

2. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    We used to use acetone and rislone oil additive on old stuck engines. One frees the rust the other works on carbon

3. TomA

TomA Well-Known Member

Kroil is good, expensive though. Is it a vertical or horizontal pony motor?

4. Hobbytime

Hobbytime Senior Member

5. old-iron-habit

old-iron-habit Senior Member

Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
    Pull the head or heads based if it is vertical or horizontal pistons and see if the valves are stuck. They are good at sticking especially on the horizontal ponys like the D2, D4, and D6. If so they can often be freed up. The head gaskets are reusable. I would pull the head first in any event and take a look.