• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S7 euclid

mog5858

i guys i just looking for a little info on the s7 i got to go look at one sometime soon to see about buying but i not a relay a scraper hand more of a young pup. just trying to get my duck in a row as it's a 5h drive to look at it. dose not look to have any welding around the neck, tires have bean up for 2 year so i going to say they will work for me as this will most likely be yard art lol just for play and maybe a show or two. i know it's a power shift but i not sure if it's a conversion from the stander or factory one the cab i know is aftermarket. what would tear up the ejector wall top so bad? and last but not least what a market like on them? bean hard to put a price on it it run's but has some hyd leaks.

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,321
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,343
  • IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,313
  • IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,310
  • IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,323

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
It should have an Allison 3340 transmission if it's original, the only one I ever got to play with had the stick shift and wouldn't stay in second gear. A D6 did a good job of pushloading it, it was a lot of fun to play with. I would say the damage to the ejector was from toploading rock with a frontend loader or excavator. And look the rear wheels over good, looks like web on the RH side may be broken... not a good thing.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Tough little machines. I only remember that the two I was around had 5 speed manual transmissions.

I think everything Euclid built was tough, I spent a bit of time on old TS-24s both with the 6-110 and the V-12s, keep grease and oil in them and they just kept going. Much better machines than the early 637s.

Randy88

As for what they are worth, not much, basically scrap price if even that and I'd say if you were trying to sell it rather than buy it, you'd have a very hard time to even find anyone wanting it, let alone pay much of anything for it, if that says anything for its value on the buyers end.

Check it all over, the largest thing I've found is does it shift through the gears and give it a run around, as for oil leaks, the largest thing I've found with mine is the steering cylinders and if they leak, they have a gland that you tighten up and it squeeze's the seals together, those glands have a lip inside that tends to break off, those parts are no longer made and most in the junk yards are also broken, I had to have a shop machine new one's for mine, without them you have a large boat anchor, hoses are no big deal, and mostly reusable ends on them to fixing is cheap and easy.

The Allison auto has a gear box on the back side of it, inside there are gears and bearings that are obsolete, if I were to buy it, I'd pull the cover off and see what style of bearing is in it, along with the flat gears, depending on the model year and if any updates were done, the newer version can be replaced, the older version is beyond hope. If you buy it, replace the bearings to save the gears set no matter what version of gears are in it. I've been told the newer version is the same as a 14b and those are still available. I spent about a grand on gears and bearings to do mine a year ago, used gears new bearings.

Check the cutting edge for wear and see if the edge has been flipped already or if you need a new set of cutters on it, check to see if the blade holder has been welded up or worn thin, you'll need a new cable for the pan gate lift, no big deal, but needs to be done. As for the top back portion, as has already been said, someone knocked it off while top loading it, not a big deal either.

If you buy it, make sure to change the hydraulic filter, those are only paper and once the paper comes apart, the paper debris ends up in the valve and causes serious grief, same for the suction filter in the tank. Change the Allison filter as well, its a paper cartage style in the side of the Allison auto.

Make sure the steering pins take grease before you buy it, check for play in the those joints as well, those are a bugger to get out, you'll flame them out with a blow torch to replace them, if the joint is worn too much, I'm not sure the scraper is worth fixing or buying. Best of luck.

mog5858

thanks for all the info Guys your info is just what i was hoping for. i will be sure and check the steering as it dose look relay wet around there. yes i was told the Powershift where the same as a 14b too. which seam like way over kill. i like the idea of scrap price as i bought other yard art for that price but this might be my first pic to by in running condition lol.

mog5858

can any one give me a ball park price to rebuild the trans in this one slips in 3 and 4 and don't work first and second work great i was told. it should have a 4 speed Allison torqumatic transmission and torque converter.i would be doing the labor my self just parts or a rebuild kit i know that this is a vague question. just making sure i can afford to buy it and fix it up so i can use it.

Randy88

Contact a dealer near you or a transmission shop and price an exchange for a rebuilt one and go from there would be my advice. Any shop dealing with Allison's should be able to give you a price either exchange or what they'd expect the parts that are needed would be and what they'd cost.

mog5858

thanks i will do just seem when i i have non of the dealer are open lol. i am what you would call a weekend warrior i will try and make time next week.

mog5858

well boy's i made a deal on the old girl last weekend. now i just got to find time to go pic it up and drag it home it's about 4.5 h drive so it not close what i found out about the trans is gasket kit is about 500.00 US or i can get a re-maned on for 6000.00. hope it something easy to fix cus the toy fund can't take another hit like that lol. i know this one going to be a in the early 60 as it's was not converted to power-shift but can some one give me a year 26SH12072. just over 7000 h on the hour meter. to make sure i got ever thing right for shipping it's weighs about 26,000 lb 8 feet wide how long i forgot to measure how long it was. how did Euclid do there service manuals one for each part or just one big one that covered it all? this winter i going to have to do the bole pins and a little work on the ejector plus a fixing a few hyd leaks.

Attachments

• IMG_1266.jpg
    IMG_1266.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 748
  • IMG_1267.jpg
    IMG_1267.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_1268.jpg
    IMG_1268.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 749
  • IMG_1269.jpg
    IMG_1269.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 753
  • IMG_1270.jpg
    IMG_1270.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 750

Lattice Boom

S7

well boy's i made a deal on the old girl last weekend. now i just got to find time to go pic it up and drag it home it's about 4.5 h drive so it not close what i found out about the trans is gasket kit is about 500.00 US or i can get a re-maned on for 6000.00. hope it something easy to fix cus the toy fund can't take another hit like that lol. i know this one going to be a in the early 60 as it's was not converted to power-shift but can some one give me a year 26SH12072. just over 7000 h on the hour meter. to make sure i got ever thing right for shipping it's weighs about 26,000 lb 8 feet wide how long i forgot to measure how long it was. how did Euclid do there service manuals one for each part or just one big one that covered it all? this winter i going to have to do the bole pins and a little work on the ejector plus a fixing a few hyd leaks.

Hi There nice purchase, re.service manual my manual in the UK is one complete book for service and one for parts. There are approx 5/6 running S7 here in the UK,mine has a manual box which can be a hand full a Leyland 600 engine the rest is similar to yours

Cheers John

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 601

tctractors

This U.K. S7 is in very tidy condition, it runs very well and is a treat to see working, I am push loading it with the D8H, this is way more tractor than you need on the Stump, a D6C/D would soon load it and have it on its way, the down side being its not common to see tractors smaller than a D8 with a Scraper push plate welded into the standard blade, it can soon damage a blade face without this extra Steel up front.
tctractors

mog5858

thanks boys for the info that is a very nice looking S7. i think i have found all the books got 3 different ones on the way one form jensales and got 2 off e-bay. i will have to check my DW6 blade to see if it's got a push block or not. now i just got to find time to get her home then the fun will begin then we can start playing with it. thanks for the nice pic

mog5858

thanks boys yes that was one deciding factors as why i got this one. other than the back apron on this beaning messed up she has very straight sheet metal. got some oil leaks to look at as well. do they have a diff lock? i was try to move my s12 water wagon and i sure could have used a diff lock. just weighting for my trucker to have time to go pic it up did nothing all summer then get busy when i need something moved. lol

mog5858

well boys just weighting on a back hall to get her home. thanks for the info about the trans i will have to get it a part and see what i need first. hear are a few pic and a short video of her running around.

https://youtu.be/TMmhn3bahus

Attachments

• IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_6690.jpg
    IMG_6690.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 348

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
That Detroit sounds good Martin. Maybe the tranny just needs filters or something simple. It seemed to grab decent in both forward and reverse in the video.

mog5858

ya i hope so buddy your right it works good and grabs hard in first and second but as soon as you grab 3 or 4 it's like you hit neutral there nothing. when i get her home she be in the shop for the winter. say do you need and 4-53? got a line on some rebuild one at a friends junk yard.