• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Right Size Excavator for In Ground Vinyl Liner Pool Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JookyDFW

Occupation
IT Guy
Hello All,

I'm new to the forum but I have used some not so heavy equipment before. I am in the process of removing an in ground vinyl liner pool from my back yard. After I recycle the deck I will be renting an excavator to remove the steel panels that support the sides of the pool, dig up the vermiculite from the bottom of the pool, and and rough grade the yard.

These excavators are expensive to rent for a 1-2 day project so I want to make sure I get something big enough to get the job done. I rented a trailer mounted excavator several years ago to remove some shrubs from around the house and I remember my friend having to chop the roots because the unit did not have enough power to dig them up.

Supposedly the steel walls are anchored to concrete piers buried behind the walls. I was thinking that one of the larger min-excavators (around 8000lb) would do the job but when I found out the walls could be anchored to piers I was thinking I might need something bigger. The one thing I have going for me is that the pool is 30 years old and everything is rusted.

I can post pictures if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.