• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

remote receiver

gwhammy

Does anyone make a laser receiver that has a remote. My buddy and I are both hard of hearing from years of heavy equipment. The laser we use has the receiver mounted on the top of the pole, when we get the pole out ten feet or so neither of us can hear it beep. It would be nice to have a cord or remote readout at the bottom of the stick to see and hear. This sounds funny but it is a real problem.

Shimmy1

lantraxco

Yup, that pair would work also, but you're still looking at roughly two grand USD..... I must be in the wrong business, lol.

Randy88

If you haven't stumbled across it yet, there is a digital grade rod available that shows the display at hand level, the receiver is built into the pole itself, the last I looked they were about 700 bucks or so. If your hard of hearing, it might be your best bet, for me they were not the fit I wanted, I can hear the receiver and had issues reading the digital display outdoors and if the light was wrong, about like trying to read my phone without my glasses on.

There are several companies that make the hand held display for a grade rod receiver, much like a control box in the cab for a machine receiver, like the one's listed here, it might fit your needs but for me they were like reading my phone, before you buy one, take it outside the store, and walk around with the receiver on the grade rod and have the hand held device in your hand and see if you can read it, again like the digital rods, they are tough to read outside, indoors they are great. If I recall they make them corded as well as mirrored to the receiver. I didn't care for these at all, too much to hassle with or lose either way you go and tough to read, as least with the digital grade rods, those were all self contained and slid together and easily carried in one hand, nothing to forget or lose. Best of luck

Randy88

Agatec, smartrod is what I was referring to, forgot what it was called exactly, google it on the internet and they have a video on youtube that explains how it works. I forgot the digital rods are hand held that don't require a rod at all, sorry about that mistake on my part.