• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rear Bucket Quick Attach

Bootheal

What is the down side of a quick attach for a dipper?
Does it cause the dipper to be further away from the original pivot?
Thanks, my search skills are not very good. In fact, very poor is closer to correct.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
We have quick attach on all our rubber tire back hoes, and all excavators and besides the ease of changing buckets and attachments there is no real difference performance wise. The set up on the New Holland back hoes get a bit sloppy. The attachment pins wear after a while and the bucket gets more like a grapple.

xgiovannix12

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck driver
might loose a little curl power but thats about it.. ITs a nice thing to have if you have more then 1 bucket

Bootheal

How do you decide which one will fit the machine? Case 580M.
Does it affect the lever / fulcrum action? At 90 degrees to the tractor, a bucket of mud wants to make everything lean towards fishers already! Not necessarily a great feeling, though it does tend to wake me up.
I saw one for $500.00 US on a web site and have no idea if that's reasonable or not.
Where would be some places to look and while we are looking....need a smaller trenching bucket - thus the inquiry on the coupler as I don't think I have the patience to switch buckets by my self.
Excuse the rambling and thanks for the information.

xgiovannix12

Occupation
might wanna contact your case dealer. I just installed one on my 580c works good. I have 3 buckets for my machine and i change them with ease. Pulling the pins every time was a pain in the ass especially when your by your self. Then trying to get the bucket level to make the pin slide in was always fun. Go on the case website and get the part number and see what you can find online.

I think they dont go for more then 500 bucks if Im thinking of the right one.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
One thing to remember is it may lengthen the bucket letting it hit the boom with the teeth

xgiovannix12

Occupation
Mine actually just clears the boom. I think its the type of teeth you have on the bucket

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Our backhoes have an extra plate welded on the boom because one guy kept scraping it with the teeth instead of curling the bucket before hauling the stick in. But they are great for swapping attachments. A couple of different buckets, a jack hammer and a thumper. They built a 4 foot spike, ripper tooth on one end, and 6x6 on top. Bolts to the bottom of the thumper, great for putting up sign posts

Bootheal

May need more help than first thought. Went by the salvage yard today (had given one of the salesmen an email earlier). First he didn't think he had what I needed so I sent him pics of parts I had taken from his bone yard. Then he wrote back, yes he had the quick coupler - $250.00. Sounded too good so I get the parts sheet out and cannot decide exactly how many parts I need. Will I be able to use the existing linkage on the bucket or what else? So I drove over to the yard again and talked with the salesman. He now thinks I need a total of 4 parts. Items 20 (Quick Coupler) - 30 (2 - Linkages) - 32 (Dump Bucket Link) from my parts sheet.
This total comes to near $750.00. Does anyone know for sure the parts needed?

Bootheal

xgiovannix12, I saw a post that you had helped someone in the last week or so do some work on his machine. About the last thing posted was you added this quick coupler to the hoe. I have almost all my parts but have a few questions before I start beating on pins and such (one think I have to do is drive to Florida and welcome a new baby girl this week! My daughter and son-in-law. Life is good). There has to be a bushing in the dipper arm to hold the quick coupler to the stick until the pin is replaced in the bucket hinge. How do you get these in or out with limited tools? Thanks, Mike

xgiovannix12

Occupation
some bushings need to be pressed out. you might get lucky and get it out with a hammer and a chissel try not to damage the bushing tho

Bls repair

Occupation
If you can weld a bead around the inside of the bushing it will shrink it and make easier to get out

Bootheal

Bls repair, need more information on how to weld the bead. Just a circle on the inside that is easily reachable or more than one bead or a couple of beads length ways? these two bushings are 4" long each so they are not coming out easily I don't think. I tried the hammer and punch a few licks and it didn't budge. I would like to save them but thinking that's not going to be an option.
xgiovannix12 do you think its going to be worth the cost to have a mechanic that probably has a hydraulic puller on his truck to come out and do this?
I am pretty sure one of the parts I picked up has got to be for another machine so before I do much more need to visit the salvage yard again. If I can figure out how, I'd like to post a pic and let you see what I have so far. The incorrect part I think is item #20 on the parts manual (sec 9-25). Would have thought these would all be the same but that's what I get for thinking!
I don't know what type of puller would be able to grab these and get them out. I hope these pics upload ok. Thanks for trying to help. It's appreciated.

Attachments

• bucket 1.jpg
    bucket 1.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 30
  • Bucket 2.jpg
    Bucket 2.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 27

Bootheal

Well, now that I can post pics, I will send a couple more that may or may not help. When I went to the junk yard, I saw several of these #20 pieces but didn't take note of the diameter of the bushing that holds them onto the boom.IMG_20170324_173038112_HDR.jpg Wow, this is pretty cool - putting the pic in the text.

From what I am measuring: if the bushings were out of the boom - the hole diameter would be close to 2 3/16". The quick coupler link hole diameter with existing bushings installed are 2 5/16". So, I'm a 1/4" too large leaving the bushings in the quick coupler and I bet they are not intended to be installed this way.

Bootheal

I didn't realize I had a pic of the parts page! I'm not very sharp.

Attachments

• IMG_20170326_125724215_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170326_125724215_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20170326_130821932_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170326_130821932_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8

Bls repair

Occupation
If you a bead or two around inside on each side should make it much easier to knock out. Don't weld across.