• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

radiator guards

d9e

after putting a stick into the radiator of our d9e 49a 150 (from the fan side), it does not have those circular wire guards, wondering who I could try for them?
lower guard - 2M6599
upper left - 4M6869
upper right- 2M6597
these are from blower fan group 1M6951
didn't see the stick come up but fan chopped off a section which pushed it into the cores, kinda ruined a good start to the seasons blade ploughing.
ring assembly- 5H4191

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . d9e

What a bummer mate!

Even on blade plowing I'm surprised you don't need to run side screens to stop the sandalwood blossom and crap building up on the inside of the core . . . and of course they will stop a fair sort of log.

Note how we modified the plumbing with guards on the outsides of the rams and took the supply and returns back to the pivot point where they described their arc through a slot in rubber matting.

dozers 014.jpg

I realise blade plowing you may be concerned with air flow but we never had any problems with the 9's or the D8's.

I always found keeping the belly guards clean with plenty of airflow right through to the transmission was half the secret . . . with clean belly guards at full bore you could actually feel the airflow down through the floor plates.

To this end we made all our belly guards hinged or with large cleanout ports and they got dropped or cleaned between oil changes.

The other thing of course with temps, and blade ploughing, I imagine it would lent itself to being easily done at night?

Cheers.

Last edited: