• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Purchasing a Bobcat 442 Sight Unseen!

Makers Acres

Occupation
Imagineer
Well, I pulled the trigger and bought a Bobcat 442 sight unseen from an auction. Seems like she has good bones. Do you guys think I got screwed or does she have potential?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The 442 was a rebranded Schaeff IIRC. Yanmar bought Schaeff so you may be able to source parts through them.

Braver than me to buy one at auction sight unseen. What did you pay for it?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Yea to each his own, I wouldn't have bought that particular BC, simply because it was a rebranded machine on a company that no longer exists. I don't think they sold many of those machines. There are only 3 on Machinery Trader priced low to mid 30's. Hopefully you got it cheap and BC still supplies parts. I doubt you will get much help from Yanmar on that machine.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I doubt you will get much help from Yanmar on that machine.

Don't know the parts/service situation but Yanmar kept the Schaeff name and co-branded.

The little wheel loader looks interesting.

Makers Acres

Occupation
Imagineer
Yea to each his own, I wouldn't have bought that particular BC, simply because it was a rebranded machine on a company that no longer exists. I don't think they sold many of those machines. There are only 3 on Machinery Trader priced low to mid 30's. Hopefully you got it cheap and BC still supplies parts. I doubt you will get much help from Yanmar on that machine.
Thank you. Yes, I have called bobcat and they still have parts for it.... They are just stupid expensive!

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
it sounds like you got a good number on it.

Vetech63

bought a Bobcat 442 sight unseen from an auction
giphy.gif

MG84

Looks like the most pressing issue is the blade constantly dropping, maybe cylinder needs repacked?