• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Proto 3/4" ratchets

excavator

A number of years ago I ended up with a handful (6) of Proto 3/4" drive ratchets, part #5649, one of them is a female drive. I've seen them in 1/2 and 1" also but the catalog only offers a male plug for the 1". Any ideas as to what they were used for and also where I might be able to find a male plug?

excavator

I know I can put a kit in it, that's not the point really. I have probably close to 10 male 3/4" ratchets. What did they make the female one for? And did they make a male plug for the 3/4" female ratchet? And if they did, does anyone know where I can find one?

ol'stonebreaker

Occupation
retired
You might try a piece of 3/4" keystock. It might twist off but cheap enough. If the ratchet has a ball detent you could countersink a dimple in the keystock.
Mike

DIYDAVE

I know I can put a kit in it, that's not the point really. I have probably close to 10 male 3/4" ratchets. What did they make the female one for? And did they make a male plug for the 3/4" female ratchet? And if they did, does anyone know where I can find one?

The female one might be a pipe plug socket, or for use on a square headed set screw. Lots of older equipment used to have square headed set screws and bolts...

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/sk-...NoAhAqHQrpmy_M9xk4JRyUaN_RuuoINV6jxoCToDw_wcB