• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Proper use of skidsteer throttle?

Dodge07around

Occupation
Contractor/owner/operator
I agree on running it about 70-80% is just right. Too low and that stalling action cant be good on it.

skidsteer.ca

Occupation
Contractor
My new Racoon has a foot pedal. I didn't like it at first, but have found it saves fuel.
this is also the 1st skid I have owned without a Tach. I don't like that and will persue getting one. It should be easy because it's a Perkins 804-C33

So how do you like the Racoon? The good the bad if any?? How bout some detailed pics?

Autometer instruments and Datcon make diesel tachs. If the ring gear area has a 3/4" natinal fine thread hole,youcan screw a magnetic up sensor in there and get a tach signal from that.
Ken

smokey1

Occupation
Builder/Owner
It's to early to make good or bad about it, ,a few early comments , it is very powerful, heavy, about 6700 lbs, well footed balance, picks up 2000 in bucket easy. It has case style steering, I don't care for the loader controls, they seem backward to me. I had a case 1845 at one time , and if I remember, if you pushed down on the lever the loader arms went down., if I dumped the bucket, I pushed down on the lever. Well this unit, is just the opperset, It's easy to swap the lines at the loader valve If i want to change. However, If there is a standard, I want it right. Most all of my other skid steers had foot controls, so I find it a little hard to get use to . The service points seem a bit difficult to get at, but i'm not fully trained yet, on a service cycle. Documentation is hard to get, working on that. It's air conditioned, full cab, a bit tight, the price, was very right, and I will push a lot of snow very soon. I have no way of posting pictures at this time , so it will be a bit later. You can go to google and hit Hero Time co, and look at there line..
Thanks for the tack info. Smokey