• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

projects and work

Joeyz

Occupation
Welder and diesel mechanic
As far as CL.....it can be a pig and a poke. Nothing beats sticking you head in places and introducing yourself. Small dirt contractors, small rental outfits, water district etc. The small places with a few machines got me more work when I did my own thing. Some of the smaller independent AG dealers too, farmers, nurserys etc. You may hit 5-6 before you get a positive response but I assure you most of, if not all, them will call at some point. The first call for some will be on a Sunday with them in a jam. You'll bail them out and hopefully get a good customer out of the deal. Just don't let anybody string you out on parts or your bill. If they can't front the money for parts or pick them up for you then how they gonna pay you? I'm sure you know this, just don't want a man going hungry!

Junkyard
i now that feeling on chasing a guy over the last 100 on a bill for 3 months . I am going to hit up the small players this month. i am also working for a steel erector rite now so i got money coming in weekly when we work but also free time to chase my own piece of the pie .i also bailed out a lot of ppl on sunday.

Numbfingers

Occupation
mechanic
Some advice from one noob to another, go out and just introduce yourself to potential customers. Without any pressure, just let them know you are out there as an option. I have been targeting small businesses with a handful of machines and no mechanic, and have been doing well. All my business has been gained that way or referred to me. I have a website but it hasn't gotten me one customer. Neither has my truck signs, but introducing myself with business cards(magnetic ones too) has been working out good. When you drive around and look for small outfits with just a few machines, it's actually amazing how many that are out there that need a mechanic here and there. Good luck!

Joeyz

Occupation
Some advice from one noob to another, go out and just introduce yourself to potential customers. Without any pressure, just let them know you are out there as an option. I have been targeting small businesses with a handful of machines and no mechanic, and have been doing well. All my business has been gained that way or referred to me. I have a website but it hasn't gotten me one customer. Neither has my truck signs, but introducing myself with business cards(magnetic ones too) has been working out good. When you drive around and look for small outfits with just a few machines, it's actually amazing how many that are out there that need a mechanic here and there. Good luck!
i been doing that on the side. im working temp for a welding shop so i also have some fee time to do my thing. I have tp order some magnetic cards soon.

Joeyz

Occupation
So I bought this for a service rig for now payed under 600 for it and it was full of commercial tents i love auctions. going to be working on this weekend.

18221663_1639009336128055_6222441722982679196_n.jpg

Joeyz

Occupation
Well this summer is interesting so far been going more and more mechanical work and it's starting to get a nice bit of change in my pocket and I'm now looking into software. Idk what way to go with a snap on pro link ultra or a lab top anybody have any input