• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Production question CAT330 and 345?

LDK

Could any one tell me how many cubic meters ( or yards) you can expect to move per hour when loading clay into trucks with a Cat 330?
The same question again but for a Cat 345.
An average figure will do, assuming that the machine is not waiting for trucks.
Thank you in advance.
Russell

pushcat

Way too many variables and not enough info to figure properly. Just a rough guess but figure a 3yd scoop every 30 seconds = 460 yds/hr.

CarterKraft

anyone who asks a question likes this needs a CAT PErformance Handbook, it is full of information like this for all types of machines.

Turbo21835

Cat handbook says a 330 D with a 1.83 cuyd bucket and a 345C with a 3.0 cuyd bucket should make three cycles per minute, in clay, with an average operator, and a 60 deg to 90 deg swing angle. It may be a little less while loading trucks depending the operator.Using these numbers

The 330D should move 5.49 yds a minute, assuming your machine is able to work 50 minutes our of each hour that means 274.5 cuyd an hour.

The 345C should move 9 yards a minute, same with the 330D aprox 50 min of work each hour, that means 450cuyd an hour.

Again, there are a lot of variables, so this is a rough guess, and really depends on how many trucks you have, plus that assumes you can get the trucks under the bucket fast enough. From personal experience, Running a Komatsu pc300, with a 2 yard bucket, in a 12 hour day, with 15 trucks on a 4 mile round trip, i was able to load out 3,800 cuyds. in a day. Roughly 316 cubic yards an hour. No stopping for lunch of break. Minimal waiting for trucks. All in all, perfect conditions.

LDK

Way too many variables and not enough info to figure properly. Just a rough guess but figure a 3yd scoop every 30 seconds = 460 yds/hr.

Pushcat, thank you, I was only looking for a rough idea.

crazycajun

well i have a 3yd bucket on 330cl and have loaded 4100 yards from a shelf, and a 4yd bucket on 345cl and have loaded 5500 yards. but cant really tell exactly how many voids the trucks had....

danhoe

Divide how many trucks by the yards you loaded, & how much the trucks hold, that will give you a pretty good idea. Danhoe