• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pro and Cons of Bobcat 442 and what to look for when buying one

fourwheelinj1

Occupation
Project Manager
I am going this weekend to look at an 2004 Bobcat 442 with 2700 hours on it to buy for our farm. This is definitely not my first choice of brand/model machine but it is all i can find in this size machine within my budget. I am looking for info from people who own or have operated a 442 or its twin the terex HR32. I want to know what is good and bad about it and what are common problems on them that i might need to look out for. Please don't say get a CAT or Takeuchi or Bobcats suck type of stuff because frankly that is just not helpful. Like I said if money wasn't an issue I would buy a major brand, but for a farm with limited use this is all we can afford to buy. I am just trying to make sure I don't end up with a piece of junk. I have heard a lot of people say they are crap and I have heard several people say they are really good. My local dealer says they were excellent machines. I have also heard that the newer models had more problems but I am hoping that the 2004 is one of the better model years. Thanks for any help. I just want to know what to look out for when I go to look at it.