• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Price differences

Canadian_digger

could it be possible to have a $11,000 price difference on a $60,000 machine. Got a price on a bobcat e32i today for $62,000. Was talking a guy 4hrs away from me. Same machine, same options. the price he was quoted was $73,000. Both in Ontario.

CatToy

Could there be... yes. Should there be, well kindof up to the dealer and his market, Bobcat does try to protect dealer areas and I was told that a dealer would not sell outside their area but a few offered to do so. I bought a T770 and E50 from my local dealer after shopping around, they beat the best price I found by 15% when asked.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Absolutely. The price difference can vary from how the dealer prices their machines to the local taxes on sales and cost to do business in that location.

I can buy OEM Bobcat parts from Atlanta, have them shipped and be cheaper than buying local for example.

Back in the '80's a friend of mine would buy Bobcats from dealers in Atlanta much cheaper than local. He would meet them at the state line and pick the machine up. What I understood at the time the Atlanta dealers weren't supposed to sell outside of territory but they did.

My local Bobcat dealer has had a corner on the market for many years which has made them fat and happy. However Tak, Kubota and Cat are taking that comfort zone away.

Hobbytime

yes!! I was pricing up a new holland 75 tt tractor and there was almost a 10k difference between 2 dealers on the same exact tractor, the high end was around 35k and the low end around 26k.....the higher side gave white glove service IF you needed it and the low end sold the tractor and if you needed warranty work it was covered, but no pick up or drop off service or possible loaner to get you by, so if you needed the extra service, it was up to you if it was worth the extra $$...I can do alot with 10k..so no thanks to what I may never need..

cdm123

I priced a cat skid steer in another province about ten years ago, they told me that since I was in another dealers territory there would be about a $5k penalty on the price.

Hobbytime

I priced a cat skid steer in another province about ten years ago, they told me that since I was in another dealers territory there would be about a $5k penalty on the price.
that sounds alot like price fixing, if that were the case I would have told them , fine, ill buy a different brand all together..