• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

powershift or hydrastatic drive

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Thanks for the information. I am mostly brain dead when itcomes to this thing, but gradually am finding out stuff thanks to you guys. Although,I am 81, I am hoping to stick around awhile to finish my projicts.
No, you are not "brain dead". You have already displayed the motivation is there to learn something other than a new cell phone, computer, remote, or anything else us older people have trouble with. You mention a project many would not even contemplate at the age bracket. I find this commendable myself.

I'd wager many of us are envious of having such desires at, or when we close in on your age. I know nothing about that tractor you have so cannot offer anything of value other than positive motivation. I'd like to see some photos of your progress even as simple as your learning of the machine.

retired

Actually, I was motoviated by the fact that I had inherited parts of farms and felt I could build a couple of roads and sell them for more money. So buy a used piece of equipment, make the improvements, then sell the equipment and the property. The 939 had less than 3400 hours on it and I was told by a cat mechanic that it was a good buy - and I was not buying it from him. It has been a good machine but things need repaires and these things are so complicated. difficulty finding parts, expensive, and many interruptions of other things but I am finally able to work with it and it is running good. For awhile though, I felt like brer rabbit and the tar baby - the harder I swing the more stuck up I got.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Some of those things you mention I can directly relate to. Glad to read you are making progress. I have a few things with my tractor to address to do some of the same type work. I had it taken 175 miles distant to find the problems only to haul it back.....

retired

I am thankful that I now have a good mechanic who seems knowledge and responds quickly. He is local has a very large service truck with a hoist and has fixed all my problems so far.