• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Possible low power

Helirich

I just bought a E26 Bobcat. I have a friend that told me to put the boom off the side and lift one track. (He said you spin the track in the air to clean it out) Anyways, mine won’t do this. It goes to the ground and just stops. Would I hear the fluid bypassing in the cylinder? It seems to be strong in other circuits. (The blade will easily lift one end of the machine)

In playing with it, I noticed it will only rev up to 2350rpm. The book says 2500rpm max. Could the difference in rpm cause this issue?

BC Placer gold

Try giving it a little bit of “stick” at the same time.

Doubt that small rpm discrepancy would be a factor as most machines will lift at well less than maximum throttle.

How many hours on machine?

Helirich

It has 1300 hours. Today I got the rpm turned up to 2450 at max and it was no different. But I took it out and tried to lift the track. It appeared not to lift. I got out of the machine to do something and I noticed the track did not appear to be on the ground. I rotated the track and indeed, it was clear of the ground by about 1 1/2”, maybe 2”. Is that all they go? I was thinking it would tip over if I wasn’t careful.

BC Placer gold

That doesn’t seem right, should lift higher pretty easily. Also that’s really low hours on the machine for pump issues, what year is it? Do the hours appear correct for machine condition?

Have you tried digging with it? Will it pull itself if bucket “hooked” in hole? Will it track up a steep incline without labouring?

Helirich

Just to update this, the manual said to check the ”main relief valve”. I did and it was indeed low about 1000 lbs. I adjusted it up 700 lbs. I haven’t tested it good yet. I don’t understand how this would get this low. This was a rental before. Is it possible that they set it lower so it wouldn’t get abused?

BC Placer gold

Just to update this, the manual said to check the ”main relief valve”. I did and it was indeed low about 1000 lbs. I adjusted it up 700 lbs. I haven’t tested it good yet. I don’t understand how this would get this low. This was a rental before. Is it possible that they set it lower so it wouldn’t get abused?

Others may have more direct experience; but I have heard that rental shops will turn down the pressures to minimize machine abuse.

Hopefully now the machine will perform better!

Helirich

Others may have more direct experience; but I have heard that rental shops will turn down the pressures to minimize machine abuse.

Hopefully now the machine will perform better!
So I tested the ability to lift the machine with the boom and it passed with flying colors. A guy on another forum said that it should lift the machine at idle. (I tested it at wide open) Does everybody here agree it should lift it at idle? I’m going to test this today.

Vetech63

So I tested the ability to lift the machine with the boom and it passed with flying colors. A guy on another forum said that it should lift the machine at idle. (I tested it at wide open) Does everybody here agree it should lift it at idle? I’m going to test this today.
It should if the engine can carry the load at an idle.