• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pin driver

nowing75

just got this air hammer and made a bronze end to drive pins out with. Much better than swinging a sledge by yourself

Attachments

• IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0743.JPG
    IMG_0743.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 122

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
We use em at work too, usually for their intended purpose hammering some rock or whatnot on a site. But I've been known to drive a pin out or a stubborn tooth in a core barrel or rock auger :)

Just gotta hold on tight cause it'll dance around :p

DARO

Occupation
Mechanic
They work very well for driving pins out.. But ass junkyard said they move around. And they use air. 35cfm wont keep up to mine.​

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
They work very well for driving pins out.. But ass junkyard said they move around. And they use air. 35cfm wont keep up to mine.​

I would think his bronze end being soft might help mitigate some of the dancing. We run them off 180 cfm compressors most of the time, they're usually on site anyway to run the air lift water pumps.

nowing75

We would use air rivet guns with bronze headers back in my airline days for driving out some of the interference fit fasteners. Figured I would just up the hammer size for Biger pins. Getting to old to swing the sledge. Lol