• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pilfering can really cost

Truck Shop

A discussion in the shop today about drive lines and pto shafts caused me to remember this incident.

A fuel tanker company I worked for some years back had a driver that failed a drug test, the owner put him
through rehab to help him out and hired him back when passed. About a year later this same driver was at his house
with a load of gas on and decided to bump to load and pump some in a 55 gallon drum. For some reason he noticed
the glad seal/packing leaking on the pto shaft driven Roper pump and decided to slid under and tighten the sleeve on
the packing.
Well he got caught in the pto shaft by his jacket, he went around with the shaft and wedged through the
frame rails several times before the shaft for his luck broke. It ripped every stitch of clothing off him and needless
to say it broke dame near every bone and severely fractured his skull.

He lived but he was a quad and brain damaged. He lost his wife, kids, home and his life all because of
drugs and helping himself to gas that wasn't his. It was his choice but what a shame.

Welder Dave

That would be horrible!

My sister just started her hair salon and had 1 employee for the first year or so but she had to let that employee go. Instead of asking to borrow $10 from my sister to get lunch she helped herself to the cash drawer. That in itself wasn't so bad but she didn't realize my sister knew she took it and instead of coming clean lied and said she didn't take it. My sister couldn't trust her anymore and had to let her go. The salon now does over a million a year. Lost opportunity because of stupidity.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Knew guys when in the garages would ask to borrow something only days later to state had always been theirs, nobody borrowed from me as I was a prick about it and all tools marked.
Lost money out of the K100 I owned, my partner’s wife as I was unaware was bleeding him for cash with the threat of divorce with two kids. Stole essentially from himself as he was a partner in the business, when he had nothing left to trade or sell off the truck he called me left it at Union76 SLC and disappeared. Found they did divorce as the witch tried to sue me for more money against the partnership.
Attorney sent her attorney a nasty/nice letter explaining she could get what she asked for After she assisted in paying down the $20k loan I had absorbed to get the truck sold. Not a word after that.

Welder Dave

A lot of people borrow stuff, never return it and then claim they returned it weeks ago or break something and don't tell you. When asked they say it was like that when they borrowed it.

AzIron

A lineman son that was around when I was younger killed himself stealing electricity for there grow house he jumped the meter and it lit him up

Some meth head burned down a motor control cabinet for the irrigation district when they threw a rope in to yank the copper while the well was running burned on both arms and the face

About 10 years ago iron thieves tried to steal road plates off a whole in the street ripped there bumper off yanking on the plate left the bumper with the license plate on it