• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of my work

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
last pics for today

Attachments

• Picture 665.jpg
    Picture 665.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 2,054
  • Picture 664.jpg
    Picture 664.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 2,056
  • Picture 672.jpg
    Picture 672.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 2,043
  • Picture 671.jpg
    Picture 671.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 2,063

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
That's an excellent idea for starting fires, just like a camp fire, but BIG!

I always have dug the hole, cram a whack load of wood in to it, pour gas/diesel around the perimeter while giggling like a pyromaniac, then light a flare and watch the pile jump. Your method seems safer, I dunno why.

N.CarolinaDozer

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Hey Chris, the burning ban in North Carolina is crazy isn't it! One week there is a ban and the next it is lifted. I wish they would make there minds up!:Banghead:dizzy

Wolf

Chris, awesome series of shots about how to start a fire in a pit. really cool man. you do some awesome stuff. keep up the great shots. and you are right, you are a tree huggers nightmare. lol

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Hey Chris, the burning ban in North Carolina is crazy isn't it! One week there is a ban and the next it is lifted. I wish they would make there minds up!:Banghead:dizzy

tell me about it. Oneday I can burn the next day I can't, suck when you have a nice hot fire going that will burn wet stumps with no problems then they inforce the ban again:Banghead

As wet as it is here there should be problems with fire spreading

Not much progress today. It's been raining alot this week and all the stump holes are turning in to sink holes. With the grapple down you just float across until about mid-track lenght then wham, there she goes. Probably could have got it out using the grapple and pushing back but there's no need to strain the machine when you can easily dig it out with the excavator. I almost lost a boot getting out of the machine

Attachments

• Picture 675.jpg
    Picture 675.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,962
  • Picture 676.jpg
    Picture 676.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,988
  • Picture 677.jpg
    Picture 677.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,957
  • Picture 678.jpg
    Picture 678.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,922

Turbo21835

Using an industrial fan blowing through a steel pipe at the centre of the fire speeds the burn and reduces smoke. Remember to construct an earth berm to protect the fan from the heat, ie bury the pipe in earth!!........C ya......Ray

Thats what i was thinking. The way it used to be done around here. They would take a forage blower, for blowing silage into a silo. Runs off a tractor pto, run your silage tube into the pit. Its the same idea as the fan.

N.CarolinaDozer

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Yeah, it's been raining in western N.C. alot to! It seems like all we get done is eroison control work, than acual grading. We are constantly cleaning out silt basins, cleaning behind check dams, and fixing temporay down slope pipes. I like the rain, but it doesn't help the job get done any quicker!

rino1494

Never tried a bale of hay. Around here, everyone uses tires. Stick a rag inside the tire and soak it with diesel and let her rip.

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Dont get a bail of hay, get a bail of Straw......its cheaper and burns better.

humboldt deere

Occupation
general building and engineering contractor
In california air quality would have your business if you lit a tire off, even burning construction waste like wood shingles and 2x4 is a no no.

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Doing a little bucket replacement, I think it's time, those shanks & teeth are heavy when you have to go pick it up and put it in the truck after it breaks off! This is why you don't buy a cheap bucket, they'll fall apart 2 yrs later.

Picture 702.jpg
Picture 703.jpg

Gotta love working for the family business, access to all the equipment whenever the need arrives, for free

doing a little stream work at the house, Placing some stumps on the bankside that is washing out.

Picture 705.jpg
Picture 706.jpg

dayexco

would it have not been cheaper to cut that cutting edge off the bucket, replace it? there had to have been some exteme pull in one spot there to have caused that bucket to snap like that.

my dad used to have decals on the dash of all his equipment...they said
"there is no piece of equipment you can't tear up if you try hard enough"

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
would it have not been cheaper to cut that cutting edge off the bucket, replace it? there had to have been some exteme pull in one spot there to have caused that bucket to snap like that.

my dad used to have decals on the dash of all his equipment...they said
"there is no piece of equipment you can't tear up if you try hard enough"

No every shank was cracked and bent, the back of the bucket had major cracks along the welds. bucket had been fixed before and it just failed again so there was no need to spend money on patching when we could go buy another one with the money that won't break. We've been digging up 16 acres of pine stump about 12" in diameter so it was putting most of the strain on 1 or 2 teeth when pulling. I broke the middle tooth off on purpose, it was bent down over 12" out of line with the other teeth and really slowed down digging, since the bucket was going to be trashed anyways I just reached over on a stump and broke it off.

nedly I'll look tomorrow and see what brand it is, I know we had it custom built to fit the machine and line up with the thumb.