• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of my work

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
It also looks like you take on some pretty large projects also. Do you usually bid them out or do it by the hour?

Most of our work is done by the hour. Seems that once everyone sees what can be done I a short amount of time they awlays find more things to do, so we just do it by the our. I like doing these smaller jobs, 2-3 weeks at the max then move onto another project. This way you don't get bored (too often :D).

Lashlander

Nice pics and work. Just shows yet another difference in location though. Around here home owners try to eliminate all ponds and standing water on their property. It brings on the mosquitoes and other unwanted pests. When I bought my house I must have hauled for a month to fill all the little ponds in.

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Nice pics and work. Just shows yet another difference in location though. Around here home owners try to eliminate all ponds and standing water on their property. It brings on the mosquitoes and other unwanted pests. When I bought my house I must have hauled for a month to fill all the little ponds in.

I've only filled in one pond in my life, but have dug/ wroked on a couple hundred.

I probably worked on 40 ponds last year.

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
great pics:thumbsup you do nice work, in some great locations, from the size of the house in the one pic, your clientel must be wealthy people? especially if they own property like in your pics. probably picky people to work for but you know their checks are good.

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
great pics:thumbsup you do nice work, in some great locations, from the size of the house in the one pic, your clientel must be wealthy people? especially if they own property like in your pics. probably picky people to work for but you know their checks are good.

"If ya wanna make money you gotta work for people that have money"
yeah are in the wealthy section of NC. Development sign said " quality homes starting at the low 750's to the 1.3 million":eek::eek::eek::eek:

Actually the people we are working for are not picky, just want the job done as if it was my own.

It is nice to get handed a check at the end of the job. sometimes you get a little cash folding money;)

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
pond construction day 2

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 2,776
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 2,767
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 2,751
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 2,749
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 2,736

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Great pics, as always. You have a helper or do you run the hoe and jump on the Tak as needed?

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
That volvo excavator is nice. It looks like your doing a good job. I always like pictures. :p

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Great pics, as always. You have a helper or do you run the hoe and jump on the Tak as needed?

oh yeah, I need help when there's this much dirt to be moved. Plus 8 hrs of bouncing in the skid steer makes for a long day. Feels like I'm moving a mountian with a teaspoon. He can move about 600-700 yards a day with the skidsteer in 7-8 hrs.

BIGBEN2004

Do you put core trenches in if a dam has to be constructed? Also if you do, how do you tell if the clay material is suitable to hold back the water and not saturate and leak through?

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
oh yeah, I need help when there's this much dirt to be moved. Plus 8 hrs of bouncing in the skid steer makes for a long day. Feels like I'm moving a mountian with a teaspoon. He can move about 600-700 yards a day with the skidsteer in 7-8 hrs.

Right on, so you're running the hoe and not in the Tak blowing your back out :drinkup The only "skid steer" I could ever run more than 8 hours a day was the Cat 277B we had, the undercarriage gave it such a smooth ride. One day I punched out 18 hours in that machine during a clearing job and I wasn't feeling too bad by the end of it.

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Do you put core trenches in if a dam has to be constructed? Also if you do, how do you tell if the clay material is suitable to hold back the water and not saturate and leak through?

Yes a core will be dug for the dam ( we will probably put the dam in on friday so stay tuned for pics) The best way to test the clay is to get a handfull of the dirt that has moisture in it. then roll the dirt around in your hand to make a dirtball. If the dirt stays packed in your hand then it's good enough for us.

CascadeScaper I'll run the volvo anyday over the tak:drinkup

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
day 3

rained and site was flooded. Had to pump water out to finish digging the pond.

1.JPG
final cut
2.JPG

digging the core

3.JPG

filling the core/ building dam out of compactable clay

4.JPG

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Here is a project that I did a couple years ago.
Just started off as building a pond in the front yard. Then it progress to two years of off and on work:D

Pond I built

5.JPG

Then I cleared 3 acres of land in the back yard for horse pasture. hauled off every bit of it, then build a 200' 70' horse arena.
This was the first Time I had ever heard of a horse arena let alone thinking about building one. But with the blue prints drawn on a sheet of notebook paper I was ready:D
Took just over a month to build it.
Had to cut 4' from the high side and add over 6' to the low. Once the base was built we covered it in the black fabric then hauled in over 500 tons of screenings in to make a solid base. then surrounded the thing in over 80 rail road ties, Had a tractor trailor bring 44,000 lbs of shreaded rubber from over 600 miles away to cover the top and mix with the sand. rubber was $0.14 a pound:eek:

Check out that crown going down the center. Not bad for a 18 year old who has never ran a motor grader until then huh. I have to brag about this one;)

7.JPG

8.JPG

then I built 2 40' X40' areas on each side of the barn

6.JPG