• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Photos of Abandoned Equipment on a 60 Acre Property

DerelictTexture

Occupation
Trying tto figure out what to do when I grow up
The machinery on the 60 acres will likely all get moved...or better yet incorporated into the scenery, when developers take over. It is a magnificent piece of land at the edge of the ocean.

The Engine Shed

Occupation
Self Employed heavy truck and equipment mechanic
Hi Mike ,
Thanks for sharing your photo albums , it's great to see that no one has scrapped the machinery on the 60 acres , there is still a lot of life in some of that equipment .
Tom

DerelictTexture

Occupation

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Nice pics , that was sad about the man with the barge taking the trucks. Crackhead neighbors son took his dads prized A50 Mack that was complete to the scrapper for 450 bucks. I offered 900 the week before. I have a friend about 2 hours from home that has a farm with all his dads old equipment parked up. He has 3 old shovels growing up in trees He is slowly restoring some machinery. He made his area a wildlife preserve so developement cant take it. He still has to fight off scrappers weekly. Recently he caught some folk in their early 20's stealing parts off an old AC Dozer. He called the law and made them put it all back. He wants to leave it all where it was parked till it can be repaired but we may have to move it all together.

truckboy1

Thanks for giving your picture collections. It never prevents to astonish me how characteristics reclaims artificial stuff.

panelvan

Occupation
farmer, earthmover, collector
Thank you for sharing these photos. You are a good photographer as well. I agree with The Engine Shed, some of that old gear still has plenty of life in it. Can only hope that it all ends up with collectors and not scrap. I worked in a scrap yard for awhile and some of the things i was made destroy brought tears to my eyes. Not to mention many an argument with the boss.

DerelictTexture

Occupation
Thanks for the kind words, Panelvan. I'm pretty sure that in this case...all the good machines will be saved.

Arguing with the boss/management is healthy....but can get expensive at times. ( been there, done that...got the T-shirt )