• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Perfect Cat dozer for land clearing jobs???

TimberjackTim

I just had a D6 from a nearby gravel pit on my property for a day to clear about 2 acres of stumps and level the site. I can't recall the model of the machine but I can remember the operator saying it was about 10 years old, so not that old by most standards.

It made short work of the fairly rugged site in about six hours where stumps were about 18" to 36" across. The cleared site is an ideal gravel pit that is all sand and gravel with a few boulders the size of a smart car and it had no trouble whatsoever moving them around. I had a D6 come in because it was half the rate of a D8 and was really impressed how much and how fast it could push.

Bison

Occupation
Bison rancher
This is an interesting tread.
As i am looking to clear a couple hundred acres bush myself to make pasture and i was wondering if it could be done with a big wheel loader with bucket and grapple.
There is a decent looking JD 644 H with a grapple bucket that was used as a log loader for sale near me.It's got skidder tires on it.
What do you pro's think?
Thanks