• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pegson Tracked Plant Info, Pictures and related questions

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
image.jpg
Got the crusher! I didn't even have it dropped off at the shop a customer had it delivered to his quarry to rent for a while! Hopefully the trend of people needing this machine continues. Seems to only have a few small problems and is working real well. TIO

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Nice. Hope it works out for you. What kind of power plant runs it?

theironoracle

Occupation
Cat c6.6 power. Not a single leak on the motor starts and runs super strong. Zero blow by, smokes only when it lugs. TIO

FSERVICE

congrats on the crusher!!! hope it stays busy for you..looks like it has been very well taking care of.

theironoracle

Occupation
Fservice, thanks, its been used but not abused. I was very surprised it was needed for rent before it even showed up! I haven't even advertised it yet only word of mouth with a few of my customers. Last night I got another call which will probably result in another month of rent, WOW!...............................TIO

overworked

TIO, word of mouth is the best advertising you can get, doesn't cost anything band you don't get a lot of ( tire kickers), and if you only have to rent it to your customers you know how it will be taken care of by how there equipment is. Good luck on the new adventure. Overworked

tctractors

Tio, in the U.K. the only pucker way to hire a Crusher is with an operator else they get Hell stuffed into them, even some of the owners manage to run them without a clue to get the best out of them, the other day I was trying to explain to a right thick un' about why the side conveyor should always be down and working even though the trap door to it was shut, well it was after I closed it and chained it, anyhow the "Pub Ugly" made it quite clear about the fact that he lets the fines build up on the non moving belt untill the top hopper is totaly full, I did point out to the man that the hopper is only of very light construction and cannot carry any weight and that is why its all split and damaged, his answer to this is well its more work for you, the thing is its a job that is never going to be worth doing, all he needed to do is deploy the side belt all the time, it was on an Extec though!
tctractors

theironoracle

Occupation
image.jpg
It was not used for a while pretty obvious by what came out of the fuel tank.
Darn sideways pictures! Can anyone help me with the fault code? I installed a new sensor, radiator is full and I checked continuity from sensor to computer everything seems fine there......TIO

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:

lantraxco

TIO, does the sensor probe have a ground wire or shield also, or does the radiator need to be grounded? Some of them I've seen were just single wire, if you lose the ground they malfunction.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I remove the sensor and clean it then poke it back home, this usualy clears this fault.
tctractors

X2. I believe coolant faults are soft codes, meaning they will go away as soon as the problem is solved.

FSERVICE

X2. I believe coolant faults are soft codes, meaning they will go away as soon as the problem is solved.

X3, that's some funky looking stuff in the filter tho!!! double check the ground to the engine also;) things seem to happen after equipment sits for a bit!!

theironoracle

Occupation
Ok, I haven't been able to post for a bit. 1) I did remove clean and reinstall sending unit 2) I then replaced sending unit 3) I did test all 3 wires 24 volt on 1, continuity to ground on another and if I recall 14.3 volts on the other all the way to the cat computer on the motor.......TIO

FSERVICE

Ok, I haven't been able to post for a bit. 1) I did remove clean and reinstall sending unit 2) I then replaced sending unit 3) I did test all 3 wires 24 volt on 1, continuity to ground on another and if I recall 14.3 volts on the other all the way to the cat computer on the motor.......TIO

possibly bad sensor??? I know its very unlikely BUT

lantraxco

Time to plug into the CAT computer and see if there's a way to clear the code, or adjust the sensor parameters?

theironoracle

Occupation
Fservice , haven't had the opportunity. Way to busy and it keeps running with fault light flashing. I need to borrow cat ET from one of my customers for a day when I have quiet time to plug in and play. Ill let you guys know "the rest of the story".........TIO

theironoracle

Occupation
image.jpg
image.jpg

sideways again! argh! Anyways I borrowed the ET, I couldn't figure out how to "change" the parameters for the coolant level sensor so I "uninstalled it" this made the blinking stop engine and low coolant level fault go off of the engine monitor. If anyone knows if I can do anything different through ET let me know I would like to make this work not eliminate it. it will take me a bit to get back to it, it just came in off rent and is headed back out to another new customer..................TIO

Last edited: