• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC75 weight

Coastal

I just puchased a reasonably nice 1997 PC75UU-2E

I was warned about the switches. I was told to leave them in off position.

These are one speed machines that only have about 9000 lbs drawbar pull

They do not dozer as well as the new ones.

The cabs are made for Asian build. I made the mistake of sitting in a new PC78US.

This was a private sale.

I am having the Komatsu dealer install a pin on bucket hydraulic thumb.

Still I think I got a good well kept machine. For near 5000 hours the pins are not real bad.

If fact this PC75UU-2E is in better condition than a rental would have been with 1500-2000 hours.

I would have gotten something like a Kubota KX-161 or a PC 58, PC 60 or Hitachi, but they are as much or more money.

Thanks for the input Mike, have you gotten an actual scale weight on it?

I have a kx161 right now, I love it, but its too big for some of my work, and too small for some of my work...lol

mike69440

Occupation
Engineer
To Big-Too small, Wrong machine, right machine.

I have 3 pieces of equipment.

My first is a 1984 Kubota B7200
Laugh if you want, but this tractor owes me nothing.
It has done a lot of landscaping, that I am too old to still do with a wheelbarrow and shovel.

I have a Kubota L-39 TLB. Not quite enough machine, but I have it beefed up a bit and have hung another 1,100 lbs of iron on the tire rims and loader frame. Depending on implement, the operating weight ranges 8,300 to 8,700 lbs. What a diffeence adding 13% more weight makes!

The PC75UU2-E ought to be enough machine to work our property once the heavy rock & earth moving is more or less covered. I am getting a custom sized pin on hydraulic thumb 42" x 14" wide from USA Attachments. I can't see spending +$5,000 for a progressive linkage model, but did want a thumb that pivots on the bucket pin.

My best gues at weight is 17,200- 17,800 lbs with the thumb.

I would have loved a KX-80 or CAT 307/308 or any of the many othe nice newer machines, etc but I would have to run it as a business.

I am killing my L-39 trying to clean up after the dozers and excavators. The L-39 is a HD landscaper, not an earthmover. I am limited to picking up a ton or so with its front rock grapple. It has a mighty hoe for its size, but taking over an hour to pull a large stump is ridiculous when working acres, not a few stumps in backyards.

The PC75 does not have to be worked real hard, as long as I am not in a rush.

Each machine I have moves up about 2.5-3 times more capacity than the one below it, so I have reasonable coverage before I have to pick up a shovel for the little stuff or hire that big CAT that you guys have.

Last edited:

Coastal

Well, I loaded up the 75 yesterday and took it to a private scale, here is what she weighed in at:

Front axle GVW: 12000
Front axle weight: 9309

Rear axle GVW: 21000
Rear axle weight: 21605

My truck empty weighs: 13750

PC75 with cab and rubber tracks weighs: 17344

Looks like im gonna get it, sell my KX161 and be payment free!

jazak

Make sure to post some pics :D

I agree with what you guys are saying about the smaller excavator market....many guys here will run a 303 & 308 size machines plus a skid steer or small loader (908 size). If they want to move up into higher excavation work I see them go to a 314, most of the machines here are ZTS because of how small our work areas are here.....

Last edited:

mike69440

Occupation
Engineer
Photo of my (to me) PC75UU-2E

Well, I loaded up the 75 yesterday and took it to a private scale, here is what she weighed in at:

Front axle GVW: 12000
Front axle weight: 9309

Rear axle GVW: 21000
Rear axle weight: 21605

My truck empty weighs: 13750

PC75 with cab and rubber tracks weighs: 17344

Looks like im gonna get it, sell my KX161 and be payment free!

So with steel tracks and a 500 Lb hydraulic thumb, Hitch and winch plate welded on dozer blade I should be about 9 tons.

Can anyone give me an idea of how well the PC-75 dozers?

Next July I will be payment free.

Why are getting rid of the KX-161?

Attachments

• 1997 Komatsu PC75UU-2E_@Hazeltons#8s.pdf
    43.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

woberlin

Occupation
excavating contractor/bodyshop owner
I was quite impressed with the way my pc-75 pushes dirt. It will push alot more than the blade can handle, as it is not very tall, and starts to spill over.

Coastal

Im selling the KX161 because the pc75 replaces it, I am also getting a 35 sized machine, so im going bigger and smaller.

;)

Uncle_jesse

Occupation
Machine Operator
What you goina get for a 35 size machine ? we got 2 deere 35's and they have been great asdie from they get beat on by every tom **** and harry but they seem to hold up to it

Coastal

Im thinkin a kubota KX91....that seems to be the leader so far!

What Deeres do you have? C's or D's??

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF Uncle_jesse! :drinkup

posthoorn

Occupation
heavy construction engineer
weights of machinery

On most machines indentification plates ,you can find the weight of the machine.

Last edited: